Its official

Autoguy

Veteran Member
I have broken the 50mpg barrier. I have about 3,600 miles on my 2000 Jetta and my last fill up I averaged 50.8 MPG!! Loving every mile of it.

NORM

Congrats. You should be over 50 MPG from now on unless you get crazy with driving really fast. My mileage seems to be getting better with over 51 MPG on the last tank and 3400 miles on the clock.

NORM!!!

Frank Doherty

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Autoguy:
I have broken the 50mpg barrier. I have about 3,600 miles on my 2000 Jetta and my last fill up I averaged 50.8 MPG!! Loving every mile of it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

ME TOO! I just had my 8th fill up and got 50.80. Have got about 4600mi on my 2000 Jetta GL and had experienced anywhere from 42.67 (first fill up) to 48.27 since I picked up the "D - SEL" in early April. Was very "stingy" about using the AC this last time, but if I get another 50+ reading, I'll "go comfort" and see how bad things get. Anway, I guess mine too is "broken in." By the time autumn rolls around, I hope to be near the 55+ Nirvanna.

Frank Doherty