Saskatchewan Members

blujett2.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Chev Silverado 6.6L Duramax
Hey Lyle!

Thanks for the link! I'm a sales rep for a couple power transmission companies out of the states and my territory is MB and SK. I sell stuff into the oilfield but no I don't work there. I deal mostly with distribution houses.

UBR WGN

TDI
2012 Golf Wagon TDI
Regina member here. You may see this car trucking back and forth from Belle Plaine to Regina every day!!

Daedallus

TDI
2005 B5 Passat
Saskatoon/Martensville here.

My 2005 passat tdi is the best car i've ever owned. Used it for sales calls all over AB and SK for 3 years. Getting paid mileage to cruise around in that thing is a crime :)

I just had Mat in our service dept (DSG power/Saskatoon Diesel) perform the balance shaft delete on my 05 passat. hums along better now than ever.

~~~~~~~~~
Indigo Pearl blue 2005 Passat TDI GLS (Van Aaken Smartbox/AFE air filter/BSM delete)

branger

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 jetta alh tdi 1.9L (recently sold),2013 A6 jetta tdi 2 litre DSG
Maple Creek,sk been on here alot as ive had lots of troubles with my alh tdi but i still love the jam it has and the mpg all vehicles need repaired its a part of life we have to accept haha

asKennedy

TDI
Jetta 2000 auto and Jetta 2001 manual
You might have seen this rusty old TDI around SK and AB.

Its a family thing.

Also, I have VAG-COM if anyone needs it, I see someone did a year ago.

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
You might have seen this rusty old TDI around SK and AB.

Its a family thing.

Also, I have VAG-COM if anyone needs it, I see someone did a year ago.
That's cool to see the entire family driving VWs. You don't find that kind of brand loyalty too often.

asKennedy

TDI
Jetta 2000 auto and Jetta 2001 manual
That's cool to see the entire family driving VWs. You don't find that kind of brand loyalty too often.
It is pretty cool. Although not everyone drives them, one sister went Japanese. Most of my cousins, and aunts and uncles drive TDIs and VW too. Wedding parking lots look awesome too.

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
I work down in Estevan and had my 09 out there this fall, been up to Regina a few times with her... will be back out in April...

am looking for a good shop for a DPF delete and Tune... will have to check Malones site to see but will throw it out here... just dont want to schedule at Rawtek in Montreal cause its 8 hours from home... and would want to do it on the way home... doubt they like walk ins like that lol

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat Confortline, Gun Metal Grey,Tech Package and DSG, Previous was 2012 Platinum Grey Jetta 6MT, 138500km
I work down in Estevan and had my 09 out there this fall, been up to Regina a few times with her... will be back out in April...
am looking for a good shop for a DPF delete and Tune... will have to check Malones site to see but will throw it out here... just dont want to schedule at Rawtek in Montreal cause its 8 hours from home... and would want to do it on the way home... doubt they like walk ins like that lol
The only shop I know in SK that does Malone tunes is CWS Tuning in Regina. I've not had any work done there so I can not speak to the quality of work they do.

MrCallin

TDI
none atm >.<
Hello From Winnipeg. Posted in the newbie section, figure I would say hello here aswell. ^^ College Technician student getting into the industry. Hopeing to buy a C6(07)A6TDI in the spring or summer. Ol' faithful 01 1.8t golf has never failed me, But a Upgrade is due. Figure I would get a head start on TDi's. They only teach basic diesel in the coarse I am in. Diesel is a separate coarse here at Red River. Anyways, hello all. ^^

CrazyWJ242

Veteran Member
TDI
04 MK4 Jetta Wagon TDI, 03 Beetle TDI
You don't have to go to a shop to get the tune. Mark will send you a flashzilla.
Flashzilla wont work on a 2009 TDI though... otherwise id be set already and just need the tune file lol

ECU has to be removed from the car and flashed on a bench...

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Any one in the Saskatoon area own a VCDS micro-CAN cable? I want to change my fuel filter and understand that I need the cable to prime the pumps so there is no air in the system.

I appreciate any help that can be offered.

Lyle

ScottySK

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS
I change the filter without, fill the canister with fuel, crank twice & start up. Any minute amount of air will disappear on its own in no time.

Otherwise, go to SkDubs.com on Facebook or the website and ask, there is plenty of them around, I just don't volunteer other people's stuff and time is all.

Simons

TDI
none
Hey everyone.......

Don't have a VW yet, still doing my research right now and looking at picking up a 2014 tdi if the wife won't kill me lol. Currently have a 2013 mustang GT and possibly looking to trade it off on a jetta TDI.
just need to read some more and weigh in the cost of owning vs cost of fuel savings on the mpg's of the tdi vs all of that with a gas jobby lol

but the 800-1000km per tank is a real eye opener that's for sure lol

I'm in the same town as Skatch TDI and ScottySK good old Martensville, SK

Last edited:

chatch

TDI
2002 Jetta, 2000 Jetta, 1983 Rabbit
Hello! I am in Saskatoon. I own a 2002 Jetta TDI and an 83' rabbit diesel. I also have some of MK3 and MK4 TDI parts around that I am looking to sell. Feel free to contact me if you are looking for something!

TDI smile

Veteran Member
Edmonton, Alberta (b4 BC - LOWER MAINLAND = Chilli
TDI
2002 TDI (ALH) with 513,000 km. First Owner and very happy... No Problems, never left us stranded on the Highway. Average useage is about between under 4 ltr. and 5 ltr. Normal longdistance travel: 4.1/100
WELCOME to the TDI Forum here. Lots of members here in the WEST....

Skatch_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Congrats Paenzer. Welcome to the fun of owning a TDI.

ScottySK

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta GLS
I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Scott in Martensville. I have a KII-USB VCDS. Simple scans and adaptations, I like good microbrews :p

FreezingInSask

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf MK6 TDI
Hi everyone, I've introduced myself in the main thread but figured I'd do it here as well. I have a 2015 Silk Blue Golf TDI Highline w/Nav on order and set to arrive end of July.

riderfamilia

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.9 tdi
Learning new things, TDI is great

Im in Regina, love to work with vehicles. It's my first go at a deisel but I love it so far. Its alot different but im learning. Got a 02 jetta to start with, but if all goes good ill have to buy me a new TDI one day.

Where is the place to get fluids? And parts? Id like to get some deisel purge, engine oil & transmission fluid. With out paying dealer prices.

Any TDI guru's in the Regina area, or trusted mechanics?

Last edited:

2footbraker

Veteran Member
TDI
06 Jetta, 01 Golf
I get most my parts from idparts, bestpricecarparts and various tdiclub trusted vendors. You can get diesel purge at napa auto parts on macdonald and ross.

I'm not a guru but i love working on tdi's and have most of the tools required as well as some experience.

riderfamilia

TDI
2002 Jetta 1.9 tdi
Thats great, thanks alot. Looks like some good sites. Im going to NAPA right now. Nice Im going to do a transmission service and I need a VAG-COM so im looking for one on line right now.