TDIFest 2009

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Alchemist said:
I'm not sure where to post this idea. It may belong in road trips, but my plan at present is to go to Medicine Hat to visit family then go south to about Salt Lake City and head east to arrive in time for registration and check in. Does anybody have an idea of how long this might take? I would like to take my time and do some sightseeing on the way. I expect by the time I arrive I will have had about enough TDI for a few days, but when I get there I'll be ready for Rocket Chipping.

Paul
That's a long trip. It sounds about like what I did for the '01 Fest. Drove from DC to Salt Lake City for Fest, then to Las Vegas, then back to DC.

Definitely start a thread in Road Trips about it. :cool:

BEN721364

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 sedan
Alchemist said:
I'm not sure where to post this idea. It may belong in road trips, but my plan at present is to go to Medicine Hat to visit family then go south to about Salt Lake City and head east to arrive in time for registration and check in. Does anybody have an idea of how long this might take? I would like to take my time and do some sightseeing on the way. I expect by the time I arrive I will have had about enough TDI for a few days, but when I get there I'll be ready for Rocket Chipping.

Paul
Driving time will depend on the # of miles, the length of stops (sightseeing, visiting, etc.) and the speed you drive. MapQuest can help with driving times at the speed limit, as well as with routing.

speed185187

Veteran Member
TDI
Case 580 Super M,
Of course i can't go again. I don't come back from deployment until Sept 13th. :mad::mad::mad:

Darn U.S Navy and their deployment schedules

:sigh::(

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Bummer! Sorry you're going to miss it by a week. :( Perhaps next year.

canast

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2002, Bright Green. Retired - 2003 Red Beetle GLS, deer got it.
Dream Pictures - I was just thinking the other day that a group shot of all the TDI's lined up along the reflecting pond with the Lincoln memorial in the background would be sweet but we all know that would never be possible. Wait this is the age of Photoshop and other photo manipulation programs. Does anyone like a challenge? Waiting we could photoshop cars in front of the White House or parked in the driveway. Ok back to reality, with less that 40 days left I am starting to get anxious. Just wish I could rent a diesel in the area but I know that ain't happening either. At least I will be driving VW.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That would be awesome.

We'll try and organize another group shot similar to what we did in Montreal. I don't know if we'll have enough room to spell "TDI" again, but we'll figure something out and get a shot of it from the roof of the hotel. :)