anyone still have their free oil change from Phase 3 still outstanding

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
Tried to take my car in for the free oil change which was part of the phase 2 fix, and dealer says that after Dec . its not offered even if they owe it if your oil was fresh at the time of phase 2.
can we call the class lawyers on this? in Canada as well BTW

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
We had phase 2A applied back in early may, never wanted them to do an oil change (was sitting at 35K, so wasn't due anyways).

Ever since the buybacks ended last year, I think the lawyers have closed up shop and have moved on to Monsanto and the Round Up class action lawsuits.

I'd say suck up the $90-$120 CAD the dealer charges for an oil change and motor on.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Friends of ours who bought their 2015 Golf TDI used (private sale) in May 2018 (phase 1 already done), got phase 2 done shortly after they bought it - opted to hold off on the oil change being that it'd just been done.

They got the dealer to do the oil change about a six weeks ago - no hassle at all.

laminated

Veteran Member
TDI
15 Sportwagen
they screwed mine up on the first oil change, the tech striped the bolt holding the wiring bracket to the block, and used a cut down lag bolt to bolt it into the block. I took pics and sent them to the president of VW asking is this how VW does work on new cars.
Called the class lawyers ,re the oil change they are contacting VW.

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
they screwed mine up on the first oil change, the tech striped the bolt holding the wiring bracket to the block, and used a cut down lag bolt to bolt it into the block. I took pics and sent them to the president of VW asking is this how VW does work on new cars.
Called the class lawyers ,re the oil change they are contacting VW.
so they screwed up on the first oil change and now you wanna give them a "second chance"?