99 Golf GLS TDI 130K miles, $4,200 obo SLC UT.

surfTDI

Veteran Member
CAR HAS BEEN SOLD

I have a 1999 Golf GLS TDI for sale in the Salt Lake City,
UT area. Please see the following link for pictures and
info.

TDI For Sale

I enjoyed this car for many years and took decent care of
it. I hope to see it go to a TDI enthusiast looking for
a lower cost car. It is not a perfect car, but I think a
good one.

I used to be active with the group (under username kasha
and then surfTDI) so you can learn a bit about the car with
a search.

Thanks
surfTDI

I reserve the right to withdraw the offer at any time,
and will modify the description if I can think of any
thing to add.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
Your Golf looks pretty good, and should find a home with someone looking for a TDI but without much money.

I didn't see any mention of the transmission. Auto or 5-speed?

When did the Mass Air Flow Sensor (MAF) fail? How was performance previously? What kind of mileage? Did you disconnect the MAF to confirm that it was bad?

After recent discussions of newbies registering at tdiclub just to offer a car for sale, it is good to see an offering by a veteral member, who is not afraid to disclose everything about his car, positive and negative.

blitzoid

Veteran Member
TDI
Blue '02 Golf GLS TDI
Amen to that. A very honest and thoughtful listing. (although tranny info would help) Give yourself a pat on the back for your honesty.

I'm sure you won't have any trouble finding a buyer at that price. Heck, call up Harv and sell it to him! I'm sure he'd fix it up wonderfully, and sell it to some lucky Californian.

MTB_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf MT indigo blue pearl 4 dr & '15 Touareg TDI
Man where were you 5 months ago!! I probably would have jumped on this right away. My brother may be interested in this car depending on the transmission. He is in SLC almost everyday. I'll let him know about this one.

I see from the pics that it is a 5 spd car.

AlanTDI

Veteran Member
Long Island NY, relocating to Louisiana next week
TDI
1996 Passat wagonTDI, 02 jetta sedan, on the dark side 2017 Rav4
its a 5 spd. see the pic's. Looks like a good deal for someone wanting to get into diesel with a small initial investment.
I have the same Golf but in black with automatic, comparable
milage. Well I guess not really the same /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif
When I find the Jetta Wagon I want Im hoping to get considerably more then 4200 for it, unless the family decides to be a two diesel family.
Good luck with the sale.

wny_pat

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta TDI
If it wasn't because I am mindset for a passat and am 1900 miles away from SLC, I would be all over this golf! I looking at vw's 2 and 3 years older with much higher mileage and no idea what is wrong with them at at least $1000 more money. Am I nuts for being mindset for a passat, or should I be jumping on this. Even have connections to get it hauled for next to nothing as my son is in the auto transport business. Somebody tell me I'm not nuts for jumping on this deal! /images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

jeffer

TDI
2013 Passat TDI SE 6M
surfTDI,
I am very interested. I sent you an email as well. Please contact me for more details.
Thanks,
jeff.

kaylakaden

I am very interested as well and I'm located in SLC. I have sent you an e-mail with my # please contact me asap.

surfTDI

Veteran Member
Sorry that I have not responded to each of you earlier. The first email that I got has made an offer on the car, so a sale is pending right now. If anything changes, I'll post it here. I'll try to email some of you as well.

Again, thanks for the interest. Never thought the demand would be THIS high. Take care of your TDI's
surfTDI