APR 2.0 CR Tune

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
So, haven't seen anything on the forums, so I figured i'd post it. Saw on APR's Facebook that they are looking for someone local to their offices to a tester for their new CR tune. I think this finally means they are getting close and giving us an additional option to use. I know this has been discussed in the past, but figured i'd bring it back just in case someone in that area is able to score a free tune :).

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Saw this too, I guess they relized there is some what of a market for TDI's now and they want to jump on the band wagon.
Still will be a while before actaul product is there for regular customers to buy.

P0234

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW
That's great news. APR has really well sorted out tunes with some cool features like stock mode. While not the most aggressive, they run great. I had one on my A4 2.0T, it was a great tune.

My only beef with APR is once a model gets older than 4 or 5 years, they totally forget about it.

CRdeesl

TDI
2012 a3 tdi
Saw this too, I guess they relized there is some what of a market for TDI's now and they want to jump on the band wagon.
Still will be a while before actaul product is there for regular customers to buy.
Cool news, i just "liked" apr and did some more searching for TDI stuff. It looks like APR posted an update to someone's question @ early Feb stating they were "finishing up testing" and the CR tune should be available soon. I replied, poking them for how long "finishing up" usually takes ;)

veedubfreak

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 golf
Nice, I had the fully loaded tune on my 1.8t and it made a huge difference in both mileage and amount of fun. Also, I don't know of any Revo dealers in my area.

stuckinneutral

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Blue Graphite Golf TDI
They're like 2 years late on the CR game, by the time they come out with a dpf tune i'm sure Revo will have a turbo kit LOL

bhutchins

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta TDiCup, 02Q built Sept 2010
Malone Tuning is just North over the border from you... "Make a run for the border"
He also does custom tunes for injectors, turbos, and is working on DPF readiness issues.

KraftwerkB6

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
saw yesterday they posted again on FaceBook and said they need some more local people to test different platforms for the CR engine, I.E. bettle, jetta, JSW, Passat, and DSG and 6spd. I guess they are trying to finish up the CR testing to get some tunes up and running.
I would assume by SOWO time they will have some stuff out and at the display this year unlike last year.

But when asked on the FB posts about DPF/EGR delete there was no repsonse.
And in the post that APR posted on FB, they said it needed to be stock DPF/EGR systems, last cat back exahust was OK though.

so even if they get a tune out lets say in a month or 2 months, they still might not have a DPF/EGR tune out for a while after that. While PDE and Malone, as well as Revo and whoever else already have solid tunes, dpf/egr delete, and tubro kits lol.