Feeler: 2009 Salsa Red JSW TDI DSG Pano 35k miles 19k price

fmrownr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI Wagon 1997 White and Passat TDI Wagon 1996 Maroon
Nice car no problems from new. I am contemplating either picking up an extended warranty or selling the car. If anyone has genuine interest shoot me a PM or reply here. Pics upon request.

shortysclimbin

Veteran Member
TDI
Kubvan, mk2 golf, mk6 golf
Some Pics and info would be great. I might be interested even though I am really looking for a manual a DSG might be bought if I can find the right deal. If you don’t mind please address the following:

fmrownr said:
The dealer serviced my car at about 18k along with the fuel filter. Now 10k later there are visible flakes on top of the filter just like this picture. I have used B5 for about 10% of my fills and traditional petro diesel for the rest, no additives on any of the fill ups.

What’s the status on the above fuel system issues? Did the dealer cover it? Have you yet to have a failure, but have the initial signs of it?

Also DSG slamming?

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?p=2566963#post2566963

What did you do about it? Did the dealer come to a fix?

fmrownr said:
There is also an adhesive kit that is used to attach the door skin to the frame I believe. Unfortunately I know b/c someone backed into the RF door of my '09 JSW and the door frame and skin required replacement. Though the bodyshop that did the work "does all" of the local VW dealers work they didn't do such a hot job fixing my door. The adhesive didn't hold and is back being fixed.

Do you have pictures of the rear door damage your JSW did to it? Pics of the repair area after?

Also, What happened with the clear coat issues and the dealership that went out of business? Did another shop repaint the car?

fmrownr

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat TDI Wagon 1997 White and Passat TDI Wagon 1996 Maroon
Door/Paint - The inner and outer door assy were replaced. The bodyshop on the 3rd attempt correctly installed the door and painted the hood/rt fender and rt front door. I am looking for a picture of the original damage but don't know what device I have it on.

Trans - Took it to the dealer and NPF. It occasionally will slam but I have not taken it back b/c they put the 100k coverage on it.

Fuel - I have not brought the flakes to the attention of the dealer just based upon the majority of cases here where the dealer is dismissive of it. I just pulled the filter housing cover and there were 3 small flakes that appear to be the color of brass.

Thanks for the interest.