Golf Mk3 1z to AHF swap?

Edd209

TDI
Mk3 Golf TDI
Hi all!

I'm in the process of reconditioning an AHF engine from a Mk4 Golf to put into a Mk3 golf and I have a couple of questions:

1) Will the AHF fit straight on to the 1Z mounts? Or will I need to modify the mounts/engine bay?
2) If so, what do I need to do to get the AHF to 200 bhp?

Thanks!

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
for power, nozzles with stage 2 poptest from kerma, EGT probe and gauge from AUBER or equivalent (not autozone crap), turbo upgrade from kerma, stage 2 colt cam from kerma, and a chiptune from Malone, 3 bar MAP, You should be able to get to 200HP with this, your probably going to need a clutch upgrade maybe. Cant help with the swap though.

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Since you're in the UK, darkside would be your best bet. They build high performance vehicles and have turbos more suitable for your power goals. The 1749VB @ 26 PSI with aggressive fueling would get you close, but 180-190 with a more street-able tune would be expected. A 1756 with medium fueling should work wonders for you, they have a list of common turbo sizes and internal dimensions on there. Not a ton of 1752 VRKs kicking around yet, but very keen to see how the boost curves compare since it should spool well.

https://www.darksidedevelopments.co.uk/products/darkside-gtb-turbo-kit-for-1-9-8v-tdi-engines.html

Last edited: