Cruze Diesel Review in Diesel World magazine...

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
Since my other thread was closed and maybe even deleted... I'll start another one...

Did any of you guys get a chance to read my review of the Cruze Diesel in the December 2013 issue of Diesel World magazine? It is still out on the newsstand (if it is not sold out already) at most major outlets like bookstores, grocery stores and supercenters like Walmart.

Anyhow, I have received a few comments on the article from guys here in the TDIClub and would like to know what more of you thought.

Let me know, but please don't goober up the thread and get it closed again!!!:D

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
It's not deleted, I had no problem searching for it. It did get locked, as people were flaming each other. It's sad that stuff like that happens with competing products. I for one am thrilled beyond belief that the Cruze Diesel exists.

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=396763&highlight=cruze+diesel
When I click on the "Non VW Group Diesels" link it does not show up at all closed or otherwise. That's why I thought it might have been deleted... it seems to be hidden in some way... I know I can click on it in "my posts" and apparently when you searched it still came up but it is no longer listed in the section???:confused:

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
When I click on the "Non VW Group Diesels" link it does not show up at all closed or otherwise. That's why I thought it might have been deleted... it seems to be hidden in some way... I know I can click on it in "my posts" and apparently when you searched it still came up but it is no longer listed in the section???:confused:
Expand the time range in the "Display Options" section to at least a month.

ssamalin

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Mercedes E250 Blutec. Previously: 2006 Jetta TDI
The dealer I called last Spring? about finding a Cruze Diesel began calling me about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I hope to get in a test drive within a few weeks. Can you link to your article?

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
The dealer I called last Spring? about finding a Cruze Diesel began calling me about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I hope to get in a test drive within a few weeks. Can you link to your article?
I don't think it is uploaded to the website yet... you'll have to plop down a few bucks and pick up a copy at the store.:D

Chris Tobin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta TDI
WOW, I am curious why and who rated this thread as 1-star or "Terrible"? Is it me or the topic or my actual review that this person feels is terrible???

I guess the snobbery is still strong on the club... I'm outa here for a while guys... Hopefully next time I come back and check the site will not be the same way.

Later,
CT

Ski in NC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta ALH 5sp stock
Whoa. Folks on this site volunteer alot of professional tech advice, maybe you can volunteer a little of your product too.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Cruze Diesel road test on Motorweek (Velocity Channel) scheduled for 11/5.

Honeydew

Top Post Dawg
TDI
13 Passat DSG
Ski he did give some good info from his time with the car in the earlier locked thread.

I think the thread rating feature doesn't work very well overall and try to ignore the stars as much as possible. As an example someone rates every single Storx thread as one star as soon as he posts them but they are typically quite interesting and do contain some good tech info and discussion. He doesn't seem to let that bother him which I find commendable.

amstel78

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI [buyback completed 14/1/2017] 2006 S65 AMG
MyTurboDiesel has a new Cruze forum and Chitty has a video review up on the site as well. Worth checking out.

I personally agree with pparks; more diesels on the road is a good thing. Perhaps the diesel is finally making a comeback in the USA?

40X40

Experienced
TDI
2013 Passat SEL Premium
WOW, I am curious why and who rated this thread as 1-star or "Terrible"? Is it me or the topic or my actual review that this person feels is terrible???

I guess the snobbery is still strong on the club... I'm outa here for a while guys... Hopefully next time I come back and check the site will not be the same way.

Later,
CT
Whomever it was (and it wasn't me) clearly rated THE THREAD one star, not your topic, not your 'review', and not you.....

<FACEPALM>

Bill

poppadoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 passat & jetta wagons
Motorweek had the cruze diesel and the mercedes 250 diesel on thier show this past satuday, they seem to dislike the chevy cruze diesel but gave the 250 MB diesel a high grade.