new to the whole diesel world

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
hi there everyone

new to the whole diesel world so i thought i would join up here

i needed a cheap daily as my mk2 vr6 is getting stupid to run plus its coming off the road to be turbo'd soon

so i brought a genuine RHD jetta coupe (only one i have ever seen) then i brought a 96 passat (1z) stripped that and thru the engine into the coupe....

my question is really, looking for a bit more power what options do i have ? if anyone can explain in simple terms or point me in the right direction that would be great

many thanks

Paul

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Welcome..........you could have the car chipped/remapped or use larger nozzles plus a chip for even more power......pp520's would be best or you could go for some .216 units but a remap for these would definetly have to be done .

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
thankyou for your reply any idea where i can look for these pp520's sorry for the stupid question but as i said rather new to diesel tuning

how much of a power increase would i see just with larger nozzles ?

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
About 10-15hp and 30-40ftlbs. Plus an additional 5% in mileage (or around there)

Nozzles are the best bang for the buck upgrade for VE pump TDI's.

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
thankyou for you comments and help so far :D best i get searching for some pp520 then were is the best place to get them ?

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
put this on the back burner for a while as i have been puting a supercharger r32 into my mk2 golf

back on this now fitting a front mount intercooler as we speak what diamenter pipe work would be best suited 2" 2.25" or 2.5" think the orginal stuff is 2"

then the plan is get it running then more power

J double R

Fail Train Conductor
TDI
'00 Golf 4 door
ask your locals on the forum about what allard/forge can do for you.. i don't know much about what your options are over there, but i've seen that one and it looks pretty damn good.

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
i got the intercooler all mounted just was wondering what size tube to use for the boost pipes

Last edited:

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
well i went for 2.25" alloy boost pipes in the end so here is the progress report from today

intercooler already mounted

cut up alloy tube to make boost pipeswill probably tig them together once its all up and running to lose the blue joiners

found a air filter that was laying around and bodged it on :)

fitted the 2.5" 1 box system today so it near ready to add some fuel and run just waiting on 2 elbows for the intercooler and a alloy co pot bung

progress pics

Bora-chiara

Veteran Member
TDI
ALH, BHW, CKRA
I like that IC setup. I have an AHU motor (very similar, but the same in piping routes) and this is a project I'd love to do. Where did you get your supplies? Cheap?

Consider ditching the cover though, looks good to see the motor!

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
just got all the bits off egay about £170 to do fmic setup in total about about 3 hours work

the cover is staying really not loving the look without

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
could anyone help where does the vacuum line go from the ecu ? as i can see any spare feeds for it to connect to :s ?

cheers

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
2DRJETTATDI said:

I'm not sure but if your tdi motor is a 110hp these nozzles would be a step backwards.........either get some PP520's , PP764's or PP502's plus a tune should give you in the region of a 160hp......by then you will be needing a clutch upgrade!!

You should also concider doing a egr delete = race pipe or block it off plus a 2.5" down pipe from here...http://www.thsperformance.co.uk/ and exhaust if you can efford one..........if you want any more power than this then your into a vnt17vb turbo which you can get from a 130/150hp PD motor @ 1.5/6bar or a hybrid of this turbo ran @ 1.8bar which should give you around 220hp.......you may also need the hose from the pd100hp motor to be able to couple all the inlet together and new oil lines.

can you see a small nipple coming from your ecu?

P.S Oh yeah and please take that engine cover off:eek: :)

http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=30724&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=14463
http://pics.tdiclub.com/showphoto.php?photo=32180&size=big&cat=500&ppuser=14463

Last edited:

2DRJETTATDI

TDI
MK2 2DR Jetta
yes i can see the nipple come from the ecu thou i cant see any spare vacum lines in the engine bay :S they all seem to be connected

thanks for the help on the power front any idea who is good to go for a tune in the uk pref in the essex area ?