car check Las Vegas area

Mikevbf

I have been looking for a jetta tdi wagon for a while. I think I located one which is currently in the Las Vegas area. Are there any members in area who would be willing test/ look at it for me? I think the car will be there another day or 2.

DesertV10

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 V10
I'm not capable of doing that but here's a suggestion. There are two Carmax lots in the Las Vegas area. They will evaluate and make an offer to buy late model, clean cars. The offer is in writing and good for 7 days or 300 miles. He could take it to them, if they make an offer, it will at least tell you that the car has no major problems that can be detected by a normal pre-purchase inspection. Their written offer will also give you a low end value for the car (Carfax tends to offer auction level price). There is no cost or obligation to take it in.

The other option would be to have a VW dealer do an inspection, but that wouldn't be free. I would recommend Findlay VW in Henderson, NV at the Auto Mall for that.

Mikevbf

DesertV10 said:
The other option would be to have a VW dealer do an inspection, but that wouldn't be free. I would recommend Findlay VW in Henderson, NV at the Auto Mall for that.
Findlay is where the car is now gettting its 60,000 service. Due to some privacy act they are not supposed to release information about the car to anyone but the current owners. I asked the owners to tell them to give me a call when they go to pick it up. Ideally someone from the club would meet them on Saturday and check it out before they take back to less accessable area.

DesertV10

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 V10
Since the car is already there, with the owner's consent, would Findlay do a pre-purchase inspection? You would have to pay for it but it would be more thorough than a walk around that a club member could do.