Front Brake Pad Sensor Problem

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
Thanks to TDIPARTS.COM, I got my brakes fast and installed today in the garage. Took about 3 hours. Put new front and rear rotors and breaks. Anyways my question is, both the fronts came with the sensor cable. And the car only has a connector on the driver side, what do I do with the other side, cut the line or tie it back so its not in the way?

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
blacksheep said:
Thanks to TDIPARTS.COM, I got my brakes fast and installed today in the garage. Took about 3 hours. Put new front and rear rotors and breaks. Anyways my question is, both the fronts came with the sensor cable. And the car only has a connector on the driver side, what do I do with the other side, cut the line or tie it back so its not in the way?
Yes.

I would cut it but if your comfortable with tieing it go for it.

blacksheep

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 JETTA TDI GLS
I ran the car for a few sto test. I went 80 to a stop, but gradually and almost thought i was going to not sto in time and go past the light. How long does it take to break in brakes?

tmleadr03

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta
blacksheep said:
I ran the car for a few sto test. I went 80 to a stop, but gradually and almost thought i was going to not sto in time and go past the light. How long does it take to break in brakes?
Just pads, about 100 miles of light braking.

Pads and rotors about 500 miles of light braking, you want to take the rotors through some heat cycles to get them nice and broken in. Dont worry too much about this though, it almost never happens.

20IndigoBlue02

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf TDI-- deceased
If you can do it safely....

a couple of 20 mph panic stops.
a couple of 45 mph panic stops
one or 2 60 mpg panic stops

Then let the brakes cool overnight.