Oil Analysis Report

Dgravle514

TDI
14' JSW
I just wanted to post this here and see what you guys would have to say about this UOA report. My metal levels seemed a little more elevated than average, but I do have more miles on this interval than the universal averages (8000) in the right column. Should I be alarmed or just let it go? I am going to have to put a DMF in it in the next couple weeks, but I really did not want to put any more money into the car if something was going on with the engine. The Photo is in the google link below. :confused:

84,000 CBJAA Sportwagen
10,400 oil change interval

https://photos.app.goo.gl/bM5JK7zHTvM9mV3LA

Last edited:

andreigbs

Veteran Member
TDI
N/A
You might wanna post this in the "TDI Used Oil Lab Analyses Results & Discussions" thread instead, over in the Fuels & Lubricants section.

In my meager opinion, one UOA is not much to go on. If you have the $ for it, you can do a few to get a trend then decide whether you should worry or not. At 85K miles this engine has a long way to go.

In my case, after several UOAs there was nothing to worry about. Change the oil on time with the right spec stuff and your engine will outlast most everything else. The cost of a UOA pays for an oil change, so I'd drive more and worry less.