Dolores Haze, ALH Golf

kidflyr

"Behind the Redwood Curtain" Boulder Creek, CA
TDI
2003 Golf ALH
Hi All,

I've been piecing together my build for a while now, amassing parts and catching up on maintenance. My ALH Golf is my second MKIV, first TDI. I'm a forester, so both of my MKIV's are my woods vehicles, and they certainly earn their keep.

My build goal for Dolores Haze is that she be an all-rounder. Fun to drive on paved mountain roads and effed up logging roads alike, while providing decent economy and comfort on the long stretches of highway between job sites.

Currently rolling on 205/70 R15 Yokohama Geolandar G015's on steelies. These have been great highway and logging road tires, swapping them among both MKIV's as needed, though the AEG/01m gasoline powered Bark Beetle gives up some economy turning them. Dolores doesn't seem to care what rubber she wears.

The shifter has had most wear parts replaced and/or upgraded short of a DieselGeek Sigma-5

I'm in progress on a SBC stage II endurance clutch and Wavetrac differential. While in the air, new TT front LCA bushings are in the works alongside an upgrade from moog "vr6" springs to Suplex blue blue, white white paint code fronts with 10mm strut spacers. Rears are jetta wagon springs and shocks.

Pics soon, it got dark while I was wrenching.

-Nick

Last edited: