Attn: Columbus, GA owners

bpr

TDI
2014 B7 TDI SEL
Just got an 05 b5.5 and went to get the 20k service at Carl Gregory VW. They quoted me $420 for the 20k service or $360 for oil change ($109 just for oil change), fuel filter, air filter & pollen filter change. No idea why they're trying to gouge people out here but Ingram VW in Montgomery (~60 miles west) is charging $239 & Pete Moore in Pensacola (250 mi south) is charging $229. And yes, I think $229 is pricey for changing $50 worth of filters & rotating the tires.

If anyone else has gotten drastically different quotes from Carl Gregory, please let me know because I'd love to file a complaint with the BBB. I'd love to have evidence that they are gouging military members (Ft Benning is located in Columbus).

Oh & I love my Passat.

bpr

PS: I have (and will gladly share) all the software & instructions to install a larger drive in your phatbox for anyone who needs it.

MikeB60

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf GLS
Im in Columbus and can help with your 20,000 mile service. Shoot me a PM. I wouldnt take my car to the bubbas at Carl Gregory nor would I buy another car from them. I am going to PA on Friday to pick up my new Jetta and drive it back 900 miles rather than deal with them again. They stick it to everyone not just the military (although I served proudly for 26 years).
Mike

bpr

TDI
2014 B7 TDI SEL
Thanks, I'm down in FL for a while and already taken care of the 20k, but I will definitely hit you up for the 30k.