Bigger intake valves on BKD and Pshihics

KAMIKAZEKMZ

TDI
Golf MKV 2.0 TDI 4Motion
Hy I am wondering if there is some benefit in to chenging de stock intlet valves wich are 29.2 mm with GTI ones wich are 33.8 ?

Second thinking was to modify the exhaust valves from 25.5 mm to 29.2

After that chenging the spring valves with harder ones.

I did research and i didn't find a modified camshaft for this engine only for 1.9'

And I want to increase diameter in to the intake holes of the head right were intake manifold bolts,and changing the diameter of the manifold too with the gasket and the rest remains stock.
Second diameter to increase would be the exhaust.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
check the stem length
VW diesel valves are longer than their gasoline counterparts because of the different head design

mk3pd

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Passat Quattro :)
Hy I am wondering if there is some benefit in to chenging de stock intlet valves wich are 29.2 mm with GTI ones wich are 33.8 ?
Second thinking was to modify the exhaust valves from 25.5 mm to 29.2
After that chenging the spring valves with harder ones.
I did research and i didn't find a modified camshaft for this engine only for 1.9'
And I want to increase diameter in to the intake holes of the head right were intake manifold bolts,and changing the diameter of the manifold too with the gasket and the rest remains stock.
Second diameter to increase would be the exhaust.
That was a massive jump in valve size :)

KAMIKAZEKMZ

TDI
Golf MKV 2.0 TDI 4Motion
Thanx for the reply ,I've been researching and I found that the only thing that could be modified is the lenth of the intlet valve, as on stock is 87,8 mm and there is a variant with
88,7 mm,i think that this one would help.
On the exhaust there is space to put the same size as the inlet valve ,stock of exhaust size is 25.4 mm,and with some modification in would be 29.2 mm.
I post a picture ,were it could see clear what space you have in there for modification :)))).

Last edited:

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
i dont think you can fit with bigger on BKD, not a lot of room

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
On the exhaust there is space to put the same size as the inlet valve ,stock of exhaust size is 25.4 mm,and with some modification in would be 29.2 mm.
generally inlet valves are like 4140 or thereabouts
exhaust valves are at the very least some grade of stainless

diesel exhaust is a very harsh oxidizing environment

KAMIKAZEKMZ

TDI
Golf MKV 2.0 TDI 4Motion
generally inlet valves are like 4140 or thereabouts
exhaust valves are at the very least some grade of stainless

diesel exhaust is a very harsh oxidizing environment
I've been researching and it's the same thing it's a bimetal.

KAMIKAZEKMZ

TDI
Golf MKV 2.0 TDI 4Motion
After some time and diging I found some valves that are longer in lenght :

on stock intalet valves have 87.8 mm vs 88.5 (that i found)

exhaust valves have 87.5 mm vs 88 (that i found)

What do you thing ? it will make some diferrence ? is there any risk to mount longer valves ? Cheer"s

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Go ahead and let us know how it works! The only way we move forward is by someone pioneering to try something and share his findings!

KAMIKAZEKMZ

TDI
Golf MKV 2.0 TDI 4Motion
Go ahead and let us know how it works! The only way we move forward is by someone pioneering to try something and share his findings!

Hehe , true , I was wondering If there was somebody ho has tried ,and if logic that longer tails of valves will make some diference in longer time that will be opened , so my only warry is that will hit pistons :))

MarkoP

Veteran Member
TDI
2.0 BKD 140hp
what I habe seen, typically shorter valve increases lift with finger followers.
Longer decrease.
Also your duration and lobe separation values will change, so better to measure everything well before and after.

KAMIKAZEKMZ

TDI
Golf MKV 2.0 TDI 4Motion
Hello , there , I am starting engine rebuild and I found some little promising alternatives , I found longer intake valve with 0.05mm loger and more rigid and it increases burning chamber volume due to the litle cercle in the middle tha is quiete big , for the exhaust longer valve olso .Better to see in photos for diferences , i am doing piston rings olso , all bearing sheald's and a little porting hope tha all goes well :D

Intake:

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5425052415&photo_id=501100056844

SIDE:

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=501100057043&album_id=5425052415

EXHAUST:

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=501100056446&album_id=5425052415

SIDE:

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=501100055920&album_id=5425052415