Upgrade Audi A5 3.0tdi 239HP>347HP

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
post the spec of your turbo with a matching dyno sheet or GTFO.

sorry but it is very hard to understand what you are saying
I am not going to explain anything, others understand

His expecting you all speak in spanish... at least that is how they work in their country and outside it :D
Tu de que coño hablas payaso? Te crees el mas listo del planeta?
Pues te voy a contar, primero: no soy español, segundo, me se 3 idiomas entre cuales uno no lo aprenderias en tu puta vida!
Asi que cuidadito con lo que escribes anormal!

ArturCosta

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A4 Avant 1996 Silver
I am not going to explain anything, others understand

Tu de que coño hablas payaso? Te crees el mas listo del planeta?
Pues te voy a contar, primero: no soy español, segundo, me se 3 idiomas entre cuales uno no lo aprenderias en tu puta vida!
Asi que cuidadito con lo que escribes anormal!
Hehe only needed one post to get to you ,if your not spanish you look like it ;)

Sorry others about the OT but I dont really like arrogant people that dont take the effort to write something people can understand.

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
Give the guy a break... Why is it so difficult to accept that someone can't write English as good as others here?
Want to discuss with the guy? Use PM. Non of the above comments about his writing adds knowledge to the forum...
That is exactly why it is so annoying. Bad English ain't the problem - the person is. This dude acts like douche and posts his wheel-spam to every topic and gives none actual info and disses everybody else. If he wants to sell his superior turbos/wheels he can sell them in vendors list.

K.I.T.T.

Veteran Member
TDI
PD75
That is exactly why it is so annoying. Bad English ain't the problem - the person is. This dude acts like douche and posts his wheel-spam to every topic and gives none actual info and disses everybody else. If he wants to sell his superior turbos/wheels he can sell them in vendors list.
Agreed. No one even asked about his "super" turbo wheels, and now what was initially an interesting topic is spam and a pissing contest from page 3 onwards :rolleyes:

If he wants to flog something, use the for sale forum rather than spam a topic. This isn't the only topic where he's tried to peddle his junk either.

Ash

struikie

Veteran Member
TDI
BMW 335d E91
I've been talking to prodrive though whatsapp and there is nothing wrong
with the guy... it really is a language problem...
he does know his stuff... give the guy a chance...
I agree it has not been all that tactically right what he's written ;)

JW

eddie_1

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 TDI tuned to 170HP, A6 Wagon 2008 TDI 2.7L tuned to 340HP
thanks for that....must be the euro north/south divide rearing its head here too. There are actually more native spanish speakers in the world than english....so how does he get the bigger wheel to spool up faster?

Last edited:

micasb

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 8P 2.0 TDI
Let's just see if the wheel he will have ready to deliver is going to improve my spool... I'll be the lab rat.
Cheers

tom101

TDI
Leon 150, A5 3.0
It's a shame, a very interesting thread. Please lets go on with the topic, those discussions do not lead anywere.

I'm looking for a nice FMIC, my first option is 600x300x76 ebay/mishimoto IC, but they are low density ICs, would prefer something better, I will appreciate any advice

The A4 Intercooler in the first page of this threat is awesome, anybody knows which brand is it?

regards

Last edited:

Lucian189

Veteran Member
TDI
3.0 TDI CR
I also think that he deserves a change,his not a bad guy,I've been talking with him also ,and if he can,he helps .As far for the turbo's ..he realy knows what he is saying

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
Lucian, it is not necessary that you give them explanations, I talk to many people from this forum and really know how I am
;)

Ironman 2012

TDI
Audi A5 3,0 TDI
Hi Jos!

I was very much inspired by the turbo upgrade you here posted. I have based upon your information done following my self on my Audi A5 3,0 TDI:

I bought a used GTB2566 turbo on eBay and send it to Darkside Development in UK for modification into a hybrid just like yours.

I then succeeded to get the new modified GTB2566 turbo on dyno at the local tuner and thereby fulfill the first step of its full potential.

As the the Danish state car regulation and 2. yearly inspection is very tough (read large penalties if discovered) - I decided NOT to delete and remove the PDF nor activate the EGR delete. So following configuration was chosen:

1. New larger intercooler just like yours - Core size 600x300x76mm
2. Extra original Audi fuel pump placed just behind the original fuel filter under the car
3. New GTB2566 hybrid turbo from Darkside Development in UK
4. Removing the two rear mufflers making a straight pipe system incl. a design upgrade
to RS5 bumper/pipes (GRATE SOUND)
5. Full dyne run and new configuration (in order to do so we remapped the box back to
normal standard from the old previously super chip configuration before we addend a
new tailored software directly downloaded from Germany after 1. Dyno reading)

This gave following before and after readings:

Before:
HP 259 at 4.957 RPM = 20 HP more than normal turbo on standard configuration
Nm 436 at 3.401 RPM = 64 less Nm than normal (as the hardware box is from 2011 it is difficult to get accurate Nm readings as the system "twist" and regulate it selves under dyno via sensors inside the mechanic system ***8211; at least thats what I was/am told ;-)

After:
HP 331 at 4.975 RPM = 92 HP more than normal turbo on standard configuration
Nm 517 at 3.625 = 17 Nm more than normal (again the box must have regulated the Nm as I remember my privies old 2008 box and standard super chip gave me HP 302 and at that time stunning Nm 582

Above to give all an idea what to achieve with the DPF and EGR still in place and a legal set up ;-)

NOW what I really would like to know is at what constant level of bar/pressure you have tested your hybrid turbo to deliver ? I will my self have more data on this in the end of this week !

I am also investigating the possibility using water in the air inlet and perhaps mix it with methanol - but I do not have any experience beside that water should have a very healthy impact to the PDF and reduce sot with 89 % according to a Swidich Ph.d. study made in 2010 !

Looking forward to your (or others respond) in oder to make a new dyno and in the process give you all more data/knowlged ;-)

Best Regards

;-) Ironman

PS - how can I upload pictures on this site ?
PPS - I have a PDF down pipe for sale if any fancy to make a DPF delete and remove the DPF in the process - and lots of other things for A5 ;-)

Last edited:

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Running into some other hardware (sensor) limits:

"Old" style Gen. 2 VNT BMW REA GT2260VK ----> GT2566VK

Smokefree.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
He got pretty nice numbers with it. But to me the power starts to fall off at too low rpm. I beleive I will fir something larger to my 3.0 when the time comes. Lots of service before that tough.

Lähetetty minun GT-I9300 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

tom101

TDI
Leon 150, A5 3.0
1. New larger intercooler just like yours - Core size 600x300x76mm
congratulations

Have you take any vagcom logs with this IC? is keeping nice IAT?
I'm in a doubt, buy this ebay one, or spend much more in Forge

It's a shame you don't remove the dpf, but I would probably do the same in your country, you will have to force regeneations with vagcom often.

prodrive

Veteran Member
TDI
Bmw compact 330d
Majesty
A little strange that graphics, much power at low rpm and above is dead
Should be to the upside

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
I read the whole build log of that BMW. It will be interesting to see where that car will end up. Knowing the owner this will not be the end of it ;)

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Where can I find the build log? ^^

I guess he will end up with some Holset sooner or later ^^ like in the previous 320CDI :)

Ironman 2012

TDI
Audi A5 3,0 TDI
New data on turbo pressure

congratulations
Have you take any vagcom logs with this IC? is keeping nice IAT?
I'm in a doubt, buy this ebay one, or spend much more in Forge
It's a shame you don't remove the dpf, but I would probably do the same in your country, you will have to force regeneations with vagcom often.

Hi, no logs of the IC - I bought the IC on eBay brand new for EUR 95 and painted it black as I have RS5 front (very visible grill) and do not want to flash the upgrade ;-)

What is IAT ?

Yester day (via the diagnose plug) I learned that the turbo runs with "only" 1,5 bar at 2400 rpm - so I will try to get a new software upload in order to get full pressure already at app. 1800 rpm and allow the turbo to run up to 1,75 bar as that what JD Engineering and Darkside Development says is maximum pressure for the hybrid turbo !

I keep you gentlemen posted !

;-) Ironman

tom101

TDI
Leon 150, A5 3.0
Hi, no logs of the IC - I bought the IC on eBay brand new for EUR 95 and painted it black as I have RS5 front (very visible grill) and do not want to flash the upgrade ;-)
What is IAT ?
Yester day (via the diagnose plug) I learned that the turbo runs with "only" 1,5 bar at 2400 rpm - so I will try to get a new software upload in order to get full pressure already at app. 1800 rpm and allow the turbo to run up to 1,75 bar as that what JD Engineering and Darkside Development says is maximum pressure for the hybrid turbo !
I keep you gentlemen posted !
;-) Ironman
If you have bought ebay IC, I recommend you to take a look to the IAT with vagcom while hard accelerations, you will see how fine is it working

I have original turbo and is running 1.8bar without any problems, hybrid turbo will allow more.

Ironman 2012

TDI
Audi A5 3,0 TDI
If you have bought ebay IC, I recommend you to take a look to the IAT with vagcom while hard accelerations, you will see how fine is it working
I have original turbo and is running 1.8bar without any problems, hybrid turbo will allow more.
Cool - and I'm pleased to here that the eBay IC is doing it's job ;-)

Both JB Engineering i Holland and Darkside Development in England recommence that the hybrid is limited to 1,75 bar - so I do not dare to go above - chicken me ;-). '

Next dyno will take place Friday with new software - hope to get a HP/Nm "picture" just like Jos who started this text string - see page one ;-)

I you are running with 1,8 bar on standard turbo - what is your figures then if I may ask and hove many KM has it been running 1,8 bar ?

;-) Ironman

bopster6

TDI
Audi A6 3.0tdi
Hi and sorry don't mean to thread high Jack but I have a c6 3.0 tdi with a hybrid bv50 with 2283 wheel with ett built by turbo unit in the uk. No dpf gutted cat with miltek exhaust.
Would love fmic but seems the c6 isn't any easy beast to do it on.

I know my injectors are pretty much on the limit, what you guys doing about them as I've enquired many places about custom injectors only to say no go.

330-350bhp/450-500lbsft
3.0tdi hybrid turbo, decat, improved intercooling

Machineman

Veteran Member
TDI
2007 RS4 Titanium 3.0TDI & 2013 Touareg TDI & B6 S4 BHW Swap Biturbo
I am from canada and im getting into 3.0 tdis i have owned modified 4cyl pd engines for years i was wondering was involved in makeing power with these engines my engine is a CATA with a bosch cp4 pump is that a good pump ? What is best route for 300-350 hp ive done a egr and dpf delete should i do a swirl flap delete ? Ive heard of people adding additional inline transfer pump whats the specs pressure and flow ? Thanks

diffas

Veteran Member
TDI
B5q A4 Avant 2.5TDi+, B7q A4 Avant 3.0TDi
With stock components you are able about max 320hp and with upgraded turbo little more about 350-370