Malone Tuning FlashZilla

50mpgtdi

TDI
04 VW Passat TDI
Has anyone used a FlashZilla? I was just going to take my car to the local Malone dealer, but I can buy a Flashzilla for around $50 more than taking it there to have it tuned. I think this is the way I'll go, especially since I want to do a Stage 2 tune which requires data logging and a retune, but I just wanted to get some input from others here.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
I programmed my B5 to a Malone StgII with a flashzilla. It was a couple years back, but recall having no issues.

connect flashzilla>extract stock tune>upload Mark's tune to the flashzilla>connect an upload to car>enjoy all the dash idiot lights staying off and more power.

I recall the menu wording being a little non-intuitive, but figured it out and got the tune loaded without much issue.

50mpgtdi

TDI
04 VW Passat TDI
Good to hear. I figure if I am going with a Stage 2 tune, any changes that need to be made to the tune after data logging, I can do myself and it'll more than pay for itself vs paying someone to do the data logging and reflashing.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
it's so that Mark can refine the tune if required. In case there needs to be any adjustments to the tune - the log will show how the car is making boost and provide the feedback needed to adjust as required.

simonbee

TDI
2005 Passat 2L TDI
I did it myself a year ago. It uploaded with no problem. I followed the steps outlined by malone. The only issue I had was the steering set up. it was confusing to me but all i needed was to drive the car a bit and it resolved itself. I have a project car that will need the same tune. i will do it end of August.

50mpgtdi

TDI
04 VW Passat TDI
I got my flashzilla in the mail at the end of last week. Still waiting for my clutchmaster kit, but once that is here, I'll hopefully have the car ready to rip and I can try out my new tune!