What relay is this?

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
Hey gang,

I did a quick search but came up with nothing…

I am putting back together my 1997 B4 sedan TDI, and I'm wondering what this part does.
I have a relay just underneath my ashtray and attacched to that center console and not visible until you remove the console. It's made by Hella. It's about the size of a pack of cigarettes, and it's in a silver aluminum case.

The Hella or VW part number is 1HO907305. The unit looks like it was used at sometime, but there is no wiring to it at the moment.

The previous owner had installed many parts from a GLX… And was wondering if this might have been off of that vehicle.

Thanks all for your help in getting this car back on the road!

Regards,
Steve

ToddA1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'96 B4V, '97 B4 (sold), '97 Jetta (scrapped)
That’s what it appears to be, but why install it in a TDI? CC exists in the ecu....

-Todd

tbones

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat wagon tdi, 1991 Corrado TDI (sold)1983 Vanagon 7pass.GL 1.6td 1982 Westy;THE PHOENIX 1.6na(NOW JX/5speed) my partner's 2014 Jetta Sportwagon 6spd manual AND MY NEW TOY/PROJECT... Sunny, a bright yellow 87 syncro Westy with 1Z TDI motor
Hi Todd,

Thanks... That's what it is! As I said the PO did some mix and match parts on this when he put in the leather interior from a GLX. I guess it'll sit there and do nothing until I get a chance to remove it.

ONE mystery solved!

Thanks again

Regards,
Steve