Hotel Reservations -- Dulles Hyatt

mrchill

TDIClub Enthusiast, Super Secret Diesel Ninja Vend
MASS! home of THE WORLD SERIES CHAMPION RED SOX! x
TDI
96 B4v red \ 98 Mk3 green\98 Mk3 Jetta black\ 99 Mk4 Jetta green x2\ 99 Mk4 Golf silver x2\ 99 Mk4 Jetta black\ 97 B4 sedan green\04 JSW gold\03 JSW silver
One other thing. I was going to upgrade to An allergy room, but they said it would be 20 dollars more even at fest rates. Is this true?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
its a $10 a day savings and doesnt include free wireless. i had originally booked under AAA but changed. KirbDog you should too.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
mrchill said:
One other thing. I was going to upgrade to An allergy room, but they said it would be 20 dollars more even at fest rates. Is this true?
$20 more per night? I'll see if I can get a few discounted Pure rooms.

darkscout

Grammar Scout
TDI
2003 Golf
jettafock said:
its a $10 a day savings and doesnt include free wireless. i had originally booked under AAA but changed. KirbDog you should too.
Or access to the ballrooms for fest activities.
You have to stand outside and watch.

Invest in one of these to listen to the speakers.

KirbDog

TDI
2009 Jetta Sedan TDI
Sorry for starting a firestorm......

Didn't mean to rile everybody up.

For the record, the AAA price for my "Executive Guest Room" room is $89.10 + Tax. I don't know if the TDIClub rate includes tax or not......so at most it's $10 or $20 difference. It's not a big deal for me to switch to a TDIClub-approved room.

I am only using the hotel room to sleep in Friday night. It will not be my base of operations. Don't care about wireless internet, water for washing my car, etc... If I thought I could handle it, I'd leave home at 3:30 AM Saturday morning and skip the hotel all together.

I'm sorry, but I was not aware of this:

"...Remember, the whole purpose of TDIFest is to raise money for Fred so he can maintain the website..."

I was hoping it was about learning about the TDI, and networking with fellow enthusiasts. Surely my 2 X $40 Registration Fee will help.

and I wasn't aware of this:

"...Also, we are currently at about 50% of what we promised the hotel we would get. TDIClub has to pay out of pocket, for any rooms that do not meet our goal..."

VeeDubTDI

TDI
KirbDog... our rates are $107.91 after all taxes. Included in our "rates" are free use of a registration suite for the entire event, the ballroom for 2 meal events, reserved parking, and the other things that are mentioned. If we had negotiated a cheaper room rate, then we would have been responsible for renting these items, which would have jacked up the registration cost. The money has to come from somewhere.

As of right now, we're hovering around 60% of our room block. I'll post the exact numbers in a little bit.

With all of that being said, it would be much appreciated if you could reserve your room under the TDIClub block. :) Every little bit helps, and the price difference isn't a big one.

Thanks. :)

airwolf

Veteran Member
TDI
None
KirbDog said:
I'm sorry, but I was not aware of this:

"...Remember, the whole purpose of TDIFest is to raise money for Fred so he can maintain the website..."

I was hoping it was about learning about the TDI, and networking with fellow enthusiasts. Surely my 2 X $40 Registration Fee will help.
Learning about TDI's and networking is also a huge part of the fest. That is what "you" get out of it, while TDIClub, gets your support for another year of operation.

The $40 fee helps, but there are a lot of behind the scenes things that that is being used for. We have the goodie bags, lanyards, name tags, awards, and other items that all need to be covered as well.

Do not get me wrong, we appreciate everyone that is attending and look forward to seeing you there!

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Just Called,

Check in Friday night, Check out Monday morning. 3 Nights.

double occupancy, will be sharing room with some of the A2TDI crew.

ya ya, I know its about time.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just updated the list in the 2nd post. We're at 58% as of 4pm Eastern today.

There are a few more people on the red list now. If your name is on there, it means that you have a hotel room, but have not yet registered for TDIFest.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Not yet... just under 70%. There are still quite a few people who haven't reserved a room or registered for Fest. :confused:

SnowWife

Veteran Member
TDI
E300 DT (sold), E320 CDI, Gassers
Come on people if you are reading this and haven't registered get on the phone and book a room. The fests are always a good time and you don't want to miss anything by not staying at the hotel!

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
2 more room nights for fest. Friday and Sunday evenings. just reserved 15 minutes ago ( I hope Sunday counts for ya)

Last edited:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
As of today, we're at 73% of our room block. I know there are still some folks out there who haven't reserved a room yet. Help us out and make your reservations soon. :)

misteroboto

Veteran Member
TDI
11 JSW 13 Beetle TDI
AW CRAP! HELP! Saturday Brunch??

I signed up for the fest and booked a room and was trying to figure out how to sign up for the Saturday brunch. I found a post that said the cut off was 8/31.
CRAP. Is there a way to sneak in a registration through the hotel directly?

Thanks,
Dave

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Dave, it's not 8/31 yet. :) There's still time! ;)

Go to http://www.tdifest.com and log in with your email address and password (the pw that you created when you first registered). You will essentially be creating a new order for the Saturday Brunch (don't register again... just sign up for the brunch) and check out the way you did originally.

blizzak

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta TDI Sport Edition, Grey, 446K KM
Just reserved! Friday and Saturday night, 2 double beds, requested room on backside of hotel, and also asked for a fridge (girl quoted me $25 for a fridge for the stay, sounded like a nice deal). Looking forward to it!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
That sounds like a pretty good deal. :) See you in a week!!

copatdir6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDi
Just booked about 30 minutes ago....1 room with 2 people. Sorry it took so long. I wasn't sure about work schedule but managed to pin down a weekend that I wouldn't be traveling (for work or course).

Looking forward to my 2nd TDI Fest.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
copatdir6 said:
Just booked about 30 minutes ago....1 room with 2 people. Sorry it took so long. I wasn't sure about work schedule but managed to pin down a weekend that I wouldn't be traveling (for work or course).

Looking forward to my 2nd TDI Fest.
Looking forward to seeing you. :cool:

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Our hotel room block rate has been extended. We're still about 50 room-nights short, which is making me a bit curious. If you are staying at the hotel, please make sure that they know you are with TDIClub. If you're staying at the hotel and they do not know that you are with TDIClub, then we won't get credit for your room and we will owe the hotel money.

If you have any doubt as to whether or not your reservation is counting towards Fest, please call the hotel and verify.

Thanks for your help!