SURVEY of Diesel Drivers

CMUprof

TDI
Golf, 2000, beige
If you currently drive a diesel vehicle,
We need your help!!

We are a group of students from Carnegie Mellon University participating in a course studying the importance of diesel vehicles.

We are looking for current diesel drivers to complete a very short (less than 5 minute) web survey. All of your responses will be kept anonymous and your help is greatly appreciated!

Please click on the link below to begin the survey.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=80321965649

Please forward this link to any other diesel drivers that you may know.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at CMUsurvey@gmail.com.

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Prof, what happens if you have multiple diesel cars parked in the garage

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Thanks--that was fun.
-BB

whatnxt

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Q5 TDI Premium +
I liked question #9. "What percent of your miles do you drive on the highway?" I don't know about you, but all of my mileage is driven on the highway. It’s the 2 feet off the highway that will get you into trouble.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
I liked question #9. "What percent of your miles do you drive on the highway?" I don't know about you, but all of my mileage is driven on the highway. It’s the 2 feet off the highway that will get you into trouble.

TDikook

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'06 Golf Anthracite Blue
I want to answer more questions... that was WAY too short of a survey. cant wait to find out the results. just as long as I dont have to input the data. that is a suck@$$ job, being a graduating senior in communications I have had to input a lot of data. make you go buggy and feel stupid. or maybe thats just me.

nicklockard

Torque Dorque
TDI
SOLD 2010 Touareg Tdi w/factory Tow PCKG
That survey was remarkably generic. I wonder who the heck commissioned (paid for) it? Oddly generic questions...seems designed to show whether or not diesel ownership increases the number of miles you drive...

Ok...just needed to get that off my chest. Thought it could have been more comprehensive to yield more information....no biggie.

ofhs93

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GL, 99.5, Silver
Ditto Nick...at the end of the survey where they have the field to leave them a little note I asked what conclusions they were looking to reach with the data that was being collected...I have not heard back yet....I didn't think there was much in the way of realative information that was asked to get much out of it. They didn't even ask for a rough estimate of your fuel mileage...I guess they're going to use the EPA figures for that.

CMUprof

TDI
Golf, 2000, beige
Thank you!

Thank you to all who filled out the survey – the response was fantastic. Over 400 hybrid and diesel drivers responded!

Our project is to examine the possible environmental and health effects of a large penetration of hybrid and/or clean diesel into the automotive fleet in 2020. The goal of this survey was to learn what vehicles are currently being replaced by hybrids or diesels, and how by how much drivers are improving their fuel efficiency. We are just beginning to analyze the data, but when we have compiled our results, we will post them here.

Thank you again for all of your help!
-The Survey Team