2005 Passat Tdi Wagon for $2000.00. What can go wrong!?

Col Sanders

Veteran Member
TDI
97 B4 Green And it's Possessed 2001 Audi A4 AFN SWAP
They call that drain plug "tamper proof ". Wonder if they have a " drain your neighbor's transmission fetish " across the pond ? Removed mine same way, small notch, then tapped it out. Replaced it with 1.8t plug. VW dealer here said never seen one before. Synchromesh fluid in trans.

annieneff

Veteran Member
TDI
1983.5 Westfalia tdi (afn), with flipped 5 speed V6 (dvz) transmission
Drove it for the first time today! :D It was really fun. I have a brake fault because I think I got air in the system when I was bleeding the clutch. I haven't wired the reverse lights yet, and cruise control doesn't work.

But, everything else is awesome. The only code is for the missing tcu, which I thought might just go away in the tune, but it doesn't set off a cel on the dash, so I don't care about it much.

I didn't get a picture of the transmission bolted to the engine. Got the clutch bits on Friday and have been working like a madman between social engagements and eating at getting it done. I think I could do it in two long days, but it would be difficult. Still need to put the interior back together, and do the wiring, and now bleed the stupid brakes. But it runs great and is close to being 100% again. :cool:

I got replacement green O ring gaskets (from amazon... I think they were the real thing) for the boost pipes which are apparently useless. Any suggestions on how to make the stupid boost pipes not leak oil all over my newly cleaned everything. It's so spotless in there, which is good for spotting leaks, but the boost pipes leaking is really offensive! :mad:

Here's my new fancy clutch all bolted up:

Smurfblood mix!!!:

Stupid air in the lines code: