Any surviving pics of 5 speed conversion clutch wiring how tos?

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
05 GLS BHW sedan 5 speed conversion. BHW Carver SantaCruz in progress
I've searched for days and it seems everyone used photobucket.

Im thinking i can swap my reverse sender from my auto to my 5 speed?

The 2 clutch switches and brake switch mod are the ones i have ??? About. Anyone know of a good link?

simonbee

TDI
2005 Passat 2L TDI
When i did my conversion i relied on a video from Levi Jeffry on Youtube. It clearly shows the wires to splice to connect the reverse light as well as the other connections. Not exactly sure if that is what you are looking for. The only struggle I had was i didn't pull out completely the blue locking bars. It made it very difficult to pull out the pin from the ECU
connector.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
The reverse signal on the auto comes from the range switch - on the 5 speed it's a standalone switch - it won't swap over. There are two pins on the range switch connector that go to the reverse lamp.

You just need to tap into those.

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
When i did my conversion i relied on a video from Levi Jeffry on Youtube. It clearly shows the wires to splice to connect the reverse light as well as the other connections. Not exactly sure if that is what you are looking for. The only struggle I had was i didn't pull out completely the blue locking bars. It made it very difficult to pull out the pin from the ECU
connector.
Haven't had the time to watch all of the video but it seems it's exactly what I'm looking for

PickleRick

Veteran Member
TDI
I need to start an im stupid and need answers thread.

For the reverse switch. I scrapped the 99 passat before cutting the plug from the car side of the harness.

The reverse switch plug on the transmission is mounted on the upper drivers side and the wires run across the top to the pass side. Can i cut the wires behind the oem tranny side plug and make my own plug or is there some resistor or chip or sensor in that plug that has to be there to operate properly?