Auto Polar FIS+ Advance (MBV in the MFD) OEM+

sdlucky7

TDI
2012 Golf TDI
-After reviewing the list of MBV available with the Polar FIS for our cars, I realized that EGT was missing but there are 2 values for DPF, in and out temp. Are those 2 values suffice to monitor warm-up procedure and regen temps? I emailed Polar asking about EGT and they confirmed that it is not available as of yet, but they are working to include it in the upcoming updates.
Strange... I have EGT as well as the 2 values for DPF. Possibly your is different because of model/engine code/etc (Golf vs Passat).

- After searching, it appears that the CAN GATEWAY is located under the steering column. Can anyone please chime in and confirm this?
I have a Golf, but mine was just above the pedals behind the steering column.

- The 10% discount was applied! The new price is 227E shipped, I should be getting it tomorrow. If you use a credit card vice paypal it will cost 12E less.
Woo Hoo! Glad to hear that the code still works.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
- The 10% discount was applied! The new price is 227E shipped, I should be getting it tomorrow. If you use a credit card vice paypal it will cost 12E less.
It is nice to know that that 10% discount still works, but I have a warning about credit cards. I just talked to my credit card company about making a charge to a company in Spain. It turns out that my credit card company (Chase) charges a 3% fee for international charges. This makes the 2.5% PayPal charge look very reasonable. The problem with the Credit card company's 3% charge is that you will not see it until you get your credit card bill. At least they warn you about the 2.5% PayPal fee in advance.

Have Fun!

Don

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI DSG Comfortline+Sport Pkg
Last edited:

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
Boost issue fixed.
The Boost value can be change from mb to PSI in the PFIS+ menu.

I did a quick test run and was peaking 19-22 PSI! WOT!

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
Installed, WOT WOT!

I'm not seeing DPF or exhaust temp. and my Boost is not in PSI. I started a thread on polar's forum, that's where costumes and developers chat about issues and updates. If you have any technical question about PF+, join the forum and post on the below thread. http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/showthread.php?1160-Official-USA-2012-2014-Passat-TDI-NMS-Q-amp-A

My boost peaks at 14XX mb, do these cars really peak at 20 PSI?

How was the install? Where does it attach?

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
Take the panel off, it's 4 torx screws.

After the panel is off you will see 2 torx screws securing the HVAC duct. Take the duct off.
The CANBUS gateway is located above the duct.

The red tab is for the gateway. Install took 20 mins, don't forget to DISCONNECT THE BATTERY. The PFIS came with a cd that has all the instruction on install and SW update.

Last edited:

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
I am curious if you can get actual oil temp with VCDS. When I have logged both water & oil temps I get approx 20-25F (11-14C) offset between oil and water with oil being hotter. Even when the car has not been started for 2 days. I have suspected that the oil temperature reported by VCDS is calculated by the cars ECU and there is no actual oil temp sensor. Can anyone confirm this one way or another.
That has been my observation as well. The oil temp is always 10-15oC higher than the coolant.

ndamico

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
i just installed mine, but seems i can't get all of the codes to go away. i did update the firmware before i started..?

ndamico

TDI
2003 Golf 2Dr TDI, 2003 Jetta TDI, 2003 Jetta Wagon TDI, 2002 Duramax, 2003 Duramax
what firmware did you use on your car? i used the white one.

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
That has been my observation as well. The oil temp is always 10-15oC higher than the coolant.
If you look here: http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/showthread.php?266-Manuals-and-documentation
you will see a spreadsheet about supported ECUs. If you look at that spreadsheet, you will notice that many VW ECUs only list "Calculated Oil Temperature" rather than "Measured Oil Temperature". In order to have a measured oil temp reading, you must have an oil temperature sensor. The wiring diagrams for our cars do not include an oil temp sensor. Therefore, we can't display "measured" oil temps. The calculated oil temp reading is always 15 degrees (C.) higher than the water temperature (which has a sensor). This is stated somewhere in their documentation, but I don't feel like digging for it right now.

Have Fun!

Don

ndamico

TDI
well i went and drove it and the codes went away, but my radio is requiring its code and i don't know where to find it. looked through my manuals and nothing.

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
well i went and drove it and the codes went away, but my radio is requiring its code and i don't know where to find it. looked through my manuals and nothing.

The radio code should be in the your manual holder, It's a sticker or a piece of plastic with a sticker on it. If all fails call dealer with your VIN.
I was surprised that my radio didn't ask for a code after re-connecting the battery.

Even after a smooth install, you may get an error code in the can gateway, which is normal. I have yet to do an auto scan after my install.

One thing to note and maybe ppl can chime in on this. I was camping over the weekend and I forgot to lock my car over night, when I tried to start the car in the morning, I got an error message in the MFD "driver assist buttons error" none of the MFSW buttons worked and the engine just cranked but did not start. I disconnected the battery and waited 5 mins before re-connection and the car fired right up. The CEL was lit for the first 10-20 km than went away.

Everyone that installed the PFIS+ Adv. please post on the auto-polar forum http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/showthread.php?1160-Official-USA-2012-2014-Passat-TDI-NMS-Q-amp-A, requesting DFP and/or Exhaust temp for our cars. I'm hoping the more ppl request the faster it will get done. Squeaky wheel gets the grease!

ndamico

TDI
mine still doesn't work. they said my ECU is newer since i have a 2014.

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
mine still doesn't work. they said my ECU is newer since i have a 2014.
Did you send polar team an auto scan to verify ECU compatibility? You can see a copy of my auto scan in the thread I made on polar forums (link found above) and compare PN to see if we indeed have different ECUs. If possible post all your issues in that same thread, which will keep things organized and help future users of the PF03 fix any issues. If you post an auto scan on that thread and tell them you are having issues, they will certainly help you fix them.

I updated the PF03 with the latest white dot FW (beta) before installing.

ndamico

TDI
Yes I did. Guess they acrewed up

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
Ok, I just did auto scan and the were codes all over the place, after deleting them they never came back not even for the CAN GATEWAY!

ndamico

TDI
still has no temp values for dpf..so nothing we can use egt-wise :(

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I can see DPF out and get. I need to hook vcds up to see which sensors I'm reading.

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
still has no temp values for dpf..so nothing we can use egt-wise :(

I stated earlier in this thread, if anyone is using the PF03 on their TDI NMS, please post on the thread I made in the Auto Polar Forum. Ask the polar team or Mun to allow for exhaust temp value display.

The North America market for this product is very new, and unless North Americans chime up and show Auto Polar that are customer in NA that want support, they will wait until such time before providing full out support for NA customers.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Well I generally hate buying something that doesn't have what I want. Saying they won't support something that is needed and should be fairly easy to implement, isn't going to draw customers to them, especially at better than $400 US. My fist cell phone experience was similar. I was told the phone was due to be upgraded (software) in the next month or so. 3 years later still no update. Switched to Google and Nexus phones after that. When a $25 solution is available that works for most, you will be hard pressed to get anyone interested in a $400 product that doesn't currently work for what most are looking for.

ndamico

TDI
I did post on their forum aking for the temp stuff.

ndamico

TDI
Been running the latest beta for 2 days now. I also see the egt values just fine

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
Do you which EGT sensor is where? Been doing some searching and it seems that EGT S1 is pre turbo EGT S2 is post turbo but I have yet to find the answer for sensors 3 and 4.

ndamico

TDI
dunno. #1 is the only one i watch. it seems to show what i would expect for a pre-turbo, which is all that matters in my book. #2 and 3 are so low that they don't matter. dunno what #4 will be. my guess is some combination of 2,3, and 4 will increase when teh dpf does its regen

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Do you which EGT sensor is where? Been doing some searching and it seems that EGT S1 is pre turbo EGT S2 is post turbo but I have yet to find the answer for sensors 3 and 4.
I am not certain about the CKRA engine (Passat), but on the CBEA/CJAA:
EGT1 is pre turbo
EGT2 is post turbo
EGT3 is pre DPF
EGT4 is post DPF

There is a very good chance that the Passat is the same. On my car I have a screen setup to monitor EGT1, EGT3 (DPF in), and EGT4 (DPF out) and miles since the last regen.

my guess is some combination of 2,3, and 4 will increase when teh dpf does its regen
That is exactly what happens in my car. I have now monitored 2 regens. Details are in this post:http://forums.tdiclub.com/showpost.php?p=4539524&postcount=25
Again, I suspect that the CKRA is very similar to my CBEA engine.

Have Fun!

Don

Last edited:

LokiWolf

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL
There are only 3 on the CRKA. EGT(PreTurbo), Cat B1S1(PreDPF), and Cat B1S2(PostDPF).

There is not a 4th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hypermile

Veteran Member
TDI
I saw 4 with vcds

Address 01: Engine (03L 906 012 BN)

18:51:08
209 Exhaust gas temperature sensor 1 87.7 °C
211 Exhaust gas temperature sensor 2 109.0 °C
213 Exhaust gas temperature sensor 3 118.0 °C