Indianapolis TDI'ers UNITE!

Would a GTG June 7th or 8th work for everyone?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brothersnag

TDI
2001.5 NB
Man I hate this City, Phucking hub caps got stolen last Night. I'm siting here wating on a Black Bug (new arival to the area) to see if Happens to have new ones. Was looking it over last night it a 5Spd but the Tach redlines at 6.5K so its Junk inside. My 3/4" ratchet might need to be reforged if the Cops can't help with the issue, and its got new ones. Anyway count me in for Sunday also

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Indy TDI's Meet and Greet

Calling all Indy TDI'ers

DCELL and myself are your offical unoffical host for this Sunday's GTG at:

Sunday, April 13th, 4pm
Buffalo Wild Wings
SPEEDWAY (#3063)*
6135 West 25th Street
Speedway, IN 46224

I would like to ask that everyone who plans to attend to please send me a PM confirming your attendance, also let me know if anyone will be with you. I plan on arriving early to make sure we have a big enough table or tables as the case may be, but I need a rough count.

Also, when you arrive ask for the "Hungry TDI Guys " table. I will let our hostess know to direct people that ask for "Hungry TDI Guys " to our tabel. We are borrowing the name from our friends to the north.:p

Thanks
Jesse
DogTraningTDI

Last edited:

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 GOLF 2DR, ‘15 Passat SEL TDI
x- great bd pump in noblesville- countrymark b20. It's a little out of the way for this GTG, but it's an easy shot to hwy 31 or I-69 (between them, north of 146th street, south side of noblesville on Allisonville Rd.) We should talk about your MB- how many miles?

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
brothers- did you get some caps? I have a couple sets of three- if you could find another match you'd have a set... If you want me to bring 'em on sunday, let me know.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
JUST A REMINDER!!!!! THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

Sunday, April 13th, 4pm
Buffalo Wild Wings
SPEEDWAY (#3063)*
6135 West 25th Street
Speedway, IN 46224

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
DogTrainingTDI said:
I would like to ask that everyone who plans to attend to please send me a PM confirming your attendance, also let me know if anyone will be with you. I plan on arriving early to make sure we have a big enough table or tables as the case may be, but I need a rough count.
As the organizer of the dinner GTG's "up north" in Michiana I understand wanting to know who is coming in advance so you can secure the proper size seating/table. I have found that you are lucky if everyone who posts they are coming actually show up since sometimes things come up, people forget, etc. so not everyone makes it as a result. I quit worrying about this and it comes down to whoever shows up in the end.

Now that bit of info is out of the way I regret to say due to many things I must take care of today I cannot make your dinner GTG today - sorry! :(

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Great Turn out tonight

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made it out to our first Indy GTG.

We had 10-12 people show up and some great discussions, we will be doing this again.
I had a great time and was great to put some faces with the names from this list.

Thanks Everyone

brothersnag

TDI
2001.5 NB
So who was planing to do a clutch swap this week? I would sure like to observe and learn or collect the shop rags. Anyway I had a great time meeting PPL, take make me feel less misunderstood

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
DogTrainingTDI said:
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that made it out to our first Indy GTG. We had 10-12 people show up and some great discussions, we will be doing this again.
That's a better turnout that we've ever had up here in Michiana! IIRC 7 is our best turnout so far in the 1.5 years we've been doing this. Knew there were more of you down there and I also see only 4-5 actually posted here they were coming unless they also brought a guest with them. So if you keep this up and make it a monthly tradition should work out great for your bunch!

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
robert- Actually, if you count significant others- I think it was more like 14(?) I am DEFINITELY happy with the turnout! Thanks to all who made it!

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
brothersnag said:
So who was planing to do a clutch swap this week? I would sure like to observe and learn or collect the shop rags. Anyway I had a great time meeting PPL, take make me feel less misunderstood
Brothers- That was Mad_Dasher who was going to do his clutch this week. I'm about 93.6% sure on that answer.;)

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
I for one would like to see this become a monthly tradition. I would like to find a place that had a little less noise. I found it very hard to hear other people talking.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
DogTrainingTDI said:
I for one would like to see this become a monthly tradition. I would like to find a place that had a little less noise. I found it very hard to hear other people talking.
Might help if it's not on Fri/Sat/Sun when most people go out to eat. Up here we go with Mondays (sometimes a Tuesday due to a holiday or scheduling conflict) and the restaurants we've used are fairly quiet. Just something to keep in mind...

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
Absolutely fantastic! Was great meeting everyone and just sharing stories.

Hey did anyone get the email I sent everyone with the attendance list? Brothersnag your email got kicked back to me. Can you PM me with your email?

Thanks

VegBug

X_Railroader

Veteran Member
TDI
none
I would like to find a place that had a little less noise. I found it very hard to hear other people talking.[/quote]

I also agree less noise would have been much better.:)

Had a good time and look forward to the next one

Also thanks to DCell for leading me to the BD pumps in Noblesville
Wish we had something like this up here in the North

Amy_D

TDI
2005 Jetta PD-TDI GLS sedan automatic, black
Dangit, I just found out about the GTG today! Thanks for the PM, though, or I wouldn't have even found this thread.

I'm not into mods and all that but I definitely need help finding ppl to do mechanical stuff, especially since GregL is apparently outta business.

I look forward to attending a future GTG in Indy!

BTW, my last three tanks (not bioD obviously) have been at 3.79 at the Speedway at 56th and Emerson. I don't know why they've been so cheap. I think the party's over since the Speedway site now has them back up, but sometimes the prices don't match. I post as DieselAmy at the Indy Gas Buddy site. IndyGasPrices.com

DogTrainingTDI

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
VegBug said:
Absolutely fantastic! Was great meeting everyone and just sharing stories.

Hey did anyone get the email I sent everyone with the attendance list? Brothersnag your email got kicked back to me. Can you PM me with your email?

Thanks

VegBug
I did not get an email.

MicroRacer

Veteran Member
TDI
Looking
CoolWht said:
Might help if it's not on Fri/Sat/Sun when most people go out to eat. Up here we go with Mondays (sometimes a Tuesday due to a holiday or scheduling conflict) and the restaurants we've used are fairly quiet. Just something to keep in mind...
Unfortanately there is no way I can make it during the week.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
MicroRacer said:
Unfortanately there is no way I can make it during the week.
But for us up here Mondays work better as there is no conflict with weekend plans/trips. I was just pointing out that restaurants are quieter in the early part of the week. While I organize dinner GTG's in Michiana I have no input in the Indy ones and am merely passing along what my experiences have been to hopefully help your group find something that works for many attendees as possible. Bottom line is that it's impossible to please everyone 100% for a variety of reasons.

VegBug

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 New Beetle
Hey AmyD! You must close by as I got to the same Speedway at 56th and Emerson. I'll add you to our mailing list for future events.

Take Care!

VegBug

HAL9000

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver '01 Jetta GLS
If VegBug wasn't such a tool (by calling me the day after the GTG), I would have been there, too. Next time, I want a heads-up before the meeting. You can't expected me to look here myself! ;)

Amy_D

TDI
2005 Jetta PD-TDI GLS sedan automatic, black
Thanks VegBug. And I filled up again Tuesday night for 3.79! The Speedway website is wrong.

DCELL

Veteran Member
TDI
HAL- Make sure Vegbug adds you to the email list. If there's one thing he's good at, it's emailing people!

HAL9000

Veteran Member
TDI
Silver '01 Jetta GLS
DCELL said:
HAL- Make sure Vegbug adds you to the email list. If there's one thing he's good at, it's emailing people!
Oh, he's got my address alright. You'd think a guy who was my best man wouldn't forget me at GTG time! :eek:

Mad_Dasher

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 silver Jetta
Great get-together. With Fyrsail's consideralble help, clutch was changed today. Wow, the car runs smooth again. The old dual mass flywheel actually had loose parts inside it that made noise when shook. Can't complain, 200k out of a clutch is the best I've ever done.