Fuel supplement - 5 months sitting

Calldon

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
I have a 2013 Passat TDI. It was running great before I parked it in November, I got busy and was driving my other car so it sat for about 5 months now. I'm supposed to turn it in in 10 days. I have to get a new battery for it to start it. It was running great before so I don't expect any problems. When I start it I only have to drive to the Volkswagen dealer which is literally less than 10 miles away on a straight line.

Should I add Power Service supplement to the fuel or just crank it up and drive it?

MichaelB

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat SE DSG
I have a 2013 Passat TDI. It was running great before I parked it in November, I got busy and was driving my other car so it sat for about 5 months now. I'm supposed to turn it in in 10 days. I have to get a new battery for it to start it. It was running great before so I don't expect any problems. When I start it I only have to drive to the Volkswagen dealer which is literally less than 10 miles away on a straight line.

Should I add Power Service supplement to the fuel or just crank it up and drive it?
If you only have to drive it 10 miles to turn it in I would not even bother with a new battery just jump start it and not turn it off, why would you add a fuel supplement?

Calldon

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI
I had to read someplace where people were talking about adding that particular supplement if the car had bad diesel or something like that oh, I don't really remember. But I thought I would ask. It's been sitting since November.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Diesel unlike gasoline can sit for quite a while with no issues, as long as there isn't water in it. Charge the battery and crank it up and try it. If it runs then just drive it there. If you are in the Austin area I even have a charger you can use if needed.

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
I agree with Lightflyer1, when I had my sailboat it would sit out of the water in a cradle for six months. All I did was to fill the tank to the top to reduce water/condensation from forming.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Jetta pilot is right Diesel will be fine with that layover.. I stored my jetta for mos when I go to Florida, Each spring just hit the starter and of it goes. I do have a trickle charger going while stored,so you will have to charge the battery. Should be fine.