mnjaws

TDI
2006 Beetle
Hello,

I have decided to sell my 2006 Beetle. Here are the specifications:

Harvest Moon Beige
5-speed
Package 1 & 2
Heated leather (no rips but typical wear)
Monsoon
Power sunroof
Rain-sensing wipers (new blades)
New front brakes/rotors and oil change within the past week
All service performed at the dealer. Have all records
Good glass, no accidents, minor dings, no rust, clear title, always garaged, non-smoker, everything works.

Great car with no issues. Runs like a top. Hate to sell but have too many cars now.

Best offer?

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
Price?
Pics?

-Jason

mnjaws

TDI
2006 Beetle
Pics are forthcoming.

Price?

KBB has good condition range of $3,192-$5,275.
NADA clean retail is $5,775

I would like to get $4,500.

coalminer16

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Golf 2004
Not to be mean but you just joined days before listing. Have no pictures of the car. And other then the brakes - have no further details about the maintenance on this car.

You have a car that a buyer off the street would need to pay around $1000 for a timing belt job unless it is proven complete. I wouldn't drive it one mile further unless that is completed. And verifying if the cam shaft has worn lobs. That is another $1000-1500 if someone has to pay someone else to do the job. Ever had the clutch replaced and if so - with what.

On this forum typically we need as much info as you can provide. Good luck on the sale. It likely is worth that but you need to at least post pictures.

mnjaws

TDI
2006 Beetle
No offense taken. I suppose the fact that I am new to this forum could be considered a red flag. I used to be on here years ago. This is my 4th TDI, but I saw no need to write about my age, experience, how many TDi's I have had and end up posting a novel that likely won't be read anyway.

I would also think that a serious buyer would ask me whether or not I have done the timing belt rather than to say that it is a $1,000 job if it needs to be done. Yes it has been done at about 85,000 miles by the dealer along with the rest of any service work. As I said in a previous post, I have saved all of my service records.

Pictures will be up this weekend. I suppose I could have skipped the post until then, but I guess I forgot there are a lot more lookers than there are serious buyers.

nomorotors

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 Jetta 5-Speed, 01 Jetta 5-Speed, 02 Jetta 5-Speed Conversion, 04 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat 5-Speed Conversion, 05 Passat Wagon
Most of us are serious buyers

for the right price. ;)
-Jason