2 micron fuel filter

PD Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
2004, 2015 Golf TDI
Has anyone installed an aftermarket fuel filter head on their 2015 golf?

Last edited:

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
The user 2micron should have filter heads that accept 1 or 2 micron spin-on filters. I would keep the oe canister if you go that route.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Yep, contact Andrew (2micron) and see if he's interested in doing one up for you. This is a $13 one-micron spin-on filter. Should go 100k miles.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PD Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
2004, 2015 Golf TDI
Nice. Looks like a drop in replacement. Definitely want to get my hands on one of those. Thanks for the picture.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Also to extend the interest, is there any pure flow adapters to protect the injectors? Or at this point its been cp3 default?

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice. Looks like a drop in replacement. Definitely want to get my hands on one of those. Thanks for the picture.
Yep! It's a modified factory bracket so it bolts right back in place.

A pureflow kit similar to the MK6 likely won't work here as there is very limited space. This is why I asked Andrew to look into this filter upgrade!

PD Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
2004, 2015 Golf TDI
Yep! It's a modified factory bracket so it bolts right back in place.
A pureflow kit similar to the MK6 likely won't work here as there is very limited space. This is why I asked Andrew to look into this filter upgrade!
Did you get the filter from Andrew as well or was it sourced elsewhere?

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
There are probably a number of filters that would work with Andrew's filter head, but he recommended the Cimtek #70025- 1 micron filter for my mk6. Pretty certain that's the one you'd want too. I ordered a couple from an internet vendor.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Yep, can't remember the site but a Google search will get you there. Andrew knows the site as well

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

PD Rig

Veteran Member
TDI
2004, 2015 Golf TDI
Is there anyone else who also be interested in a spin on filter head? If we show enough interest it may be enough to prompt the manufacture of a batch of these.

tom61

TDI
2001 tdi beetle , 2015 TDI GSW DSG SE
I would be interested in one . I have a similar setup on my 04.5 LLY Duramax from Nicktane .

fstrdr

TDI
2015 Audi Q5
1 or 2Micron filter for V6 TDI engines

Hello,

I am located in the Toronto area in Canada. Is there a supplier or information on how to get one of these installed?

Thanks

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
Hello,

I am located in the Toronto area in Canada. Is there a supplier or information on how to get one of these installed?

Thanks
The supplier (& maker) Andrew (2micron) lives in Ontario (but not Toronto). The best way to contact him is by email here: tdi2micron@yahoo.ca
He is a busy man and these adapters are a sideline to him, so you might not get an immediate response, but he does answer emails.

Have Fun!

Don

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Im sure VW would probably use this as an excuse to void the warranty. Id love to have a 2 Micron system tho.

PHAT-DUB

Vendor
I have informed Andrew of this thread.

perhaps he may be able to respond.

i would also be interested in one

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Im sure VW would probably use this as an excuse to void the warranty. Id love to have a 2 Micron system tho.
They technically would have to prove the upgrade is what caused any fault. But, that may require a ton of legal legwork.

Ok, what is the Micron rating on a 15’ OEM fuel filter ?
Dave
Not sure if they have gotten better since the MK6, but I believe those were 10 micron. The 1 micron is a no-brainer with a cheaper price and 5x the service life!

GreenLantern_TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GOLF SEL
Warranty is the only concern I would have. What Andrew did with the 1 micron filter assembly to replace the OE filter is amazing and looks and functions as it should have from the factory.

funoutdoors121

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW S 6MT
I would also be interested, depending of course on cost.
Anyone have a rough estimate of what type of cost we are talking about?
Thanks!

Bosun

TDI
Golf Sportwagen
I'm in process of modification on 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDi, about switch OEM fuel filter to 2 micron filter. But silly questions, there is 3 line going to filter, which one flow going IN to filter, and which one OUT? And where they are going to?

On my MK4 TDi, is 4 fuel line connected to filter, and previously somebody post pics with arrow where each line going to. Can't find info in manual, search on internet, come no result as well.
Any help appreciated
https://cdn.bmwblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2015-volkswagen-golf-20.jpg

Last edited:

Martin Winterkorn

TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE w/ Lighting Package
Just providing an update to information I found on the available systems out there. I reached out to 2Micron today to see if he was still in "business" and about purchasing a system. Unfortunately, I only received bad news... his response.

"VW does not like us messing with “their” fuel system. Sorry sir, no more VW parts."

Seems as though VW Group has snuffed out the candle per say, what I can only assume a form of "cease and desist", and/or a threat of litigation. With that it seems the only options available are those previously mentioned to exclude 2Micron, unless there is an alternative that I am unaware.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
I think I got one of the last kits from him (2Micron) and will use for the Beetle when the warranty expires. Still have all parts together and boxed just waiting.

bigb

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Sportwagon S
What is the advantage of going to 2 microns? It seems that the factory 10 micron is adequate as I haven't heard of any fuel system issues related to poor filtration, have there been any? What about the 2 micon filter getting plugged easier and causing fuel starvation and injector damage?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
2Microns kit was more than just a filter and was made to protect the HPFP in case it grenades. There was a part he made that provided an alternate fuel path as well as filtering the fuel at various points to stop the spread of shrapnel throughout the fuel system. The HPFP's don't have that happen much now or even that bad in the past. But when it did happen it pretty much contaminated the fuel system (expensive!). You could pick the filter cartridges you wanted to use (2 micron) and it would filter the fuel as well as protect in case of HPFP trouble.