Rust Module & Paint Protection

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
In an e-mail I just received, the local VW dealer is offering a Holiday Special...

Rust Module $899.00

Rust Module and Xzilon $1399.00

Are they well? :rolleyes:

First of all, those rust modules are good for one thing only, to give you that warm fuzzy feeling that you are protected. We tested one of those at our government facility....no thanks!

You are far better off having Krown T40 applied for the 7 or so applications $899 will buy you.

And $500 gets you paint protection. :eek:

I really am in the wrong business. ;)

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Those work on boats and in the lab but not on cars.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
I remember when those gizmo's were a hot item at canadian tire.
So do I. Unfortunately anyone can come along, sell a product and make any claim.

With the taxes we pay for the government test facilities and labs that we have with lab techs just sitting around (I would know), stuff should be tested and their effectiveness proven. This "buyer beware" is a lame excuse.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Has anyone taken one of those modules apart? I can't believe they still sell these scam modules at some dealers...

Check out the proof:
http://ecclesautoservice.ca/do-electronic-rust-protectors-work/
We performed tests on corrosion preventive compounds (CPC) such as Krown, Rust Check, etc. at our QETE Climatic and Vibration Labs at National Defence. Tests were performed to ASTM standards.

The Krown T40 came out on top compared to the others and it was recommended as the product to be used on DND vehicles.

Another test report performed by DRDC at a later date shows the seven CPC products QETE tested in paragraph 4.2 on page 9 (page 25 in the PDF).

Krown is all I have used on my vehicles since 1990.

My rust-free Honda that I bought new, was 15 years old when it was sold to a friend.

993er

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Drafting. We call it drafting.
I call it an expensive collision (notice I didn't say accident) looking for a place to happen.

And despite 41 years of claim-free and collision-free driving, my premiums go up to pay for all those other losers on the road. :mad: