TDI mechanic near NYC?

shade

TDI
VW Jetta TDI 2005.5 115,000 miles
I've been driving my brothers 2005.5 Jetta for almost a year. Recently had to replace the fuel filter because it was very sluggish and now the same problem seems to be back. The emissions light came on while driving recently as well. The car has about 88,000 and he says it's due for a 90,000 mile servicing. Any suggestions in where I can take the car for this service? I have a feeling the VW Manhattan dealer is going to be expensive and I have had bad experiences with vw dealers in the past.
I love this car and want to make sure it's taken
care of.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
He is worth the trip. You can drop the car off and take the train back

M&M Auto/Cycle LLC
268 Clove Road
Montague NJ 07827
1 973 293 8588

Last edited:

blue_jetta

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Blue Jetta, 2005.5 Black Jetta
If you are closer to the Jersey Shore, you should give JA Autowerks in Shrewsbury a call at (732)-268-7381.

John's diagnostic skills are top notch.

hevster1

Vendor
TDI
98 NB
I've been driving my brothers 2005.5 Jetta for almost a year. Recently had to replace the fuel filter because it was very sluggish and now the same problem seems to be back. The emissions light came on while driving recently as well. The car has about 88,000 and he says it's due for a 90,000 mile servicing. Any suggestions in where I can take the car for this service? I have a feeling the VW Manhattan dealer is going to be expensive and I have had bad experiences with vw dealers in the past.
I love this car and want to make sure it's taken
care of.
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately these also have camshaft issues. I have replaced them with as little as 65k on BRM's. Please give me a call for a free evaluation/diagnosis before something goes wrong. I would be happy to drive you to the Port Jervis Train station or to the Shortline bus.