VW Rejecting Non-Clean Titles?

jhuber

TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Passat SEL, 2015 Audi Q7
^^Can a person who bought a crashed car with sole intent of running it through the buyback process be considered, with respect to that particular vehicle, a “customer” of VW? The relationship seems clearly adversarial, on the face of it. Why would there be surprise that VW would be fighting and delaying these non customers? The expectation that they SHOULD be acting any differently than they are is surprising to me, here in right-side-up world.

On my three TDI’s, for which I am a customer of theirs, they have been nothing but timely, courteous, and professional in seeing to my satisfaction under the settlement.

Hmmm...the VW dealer sure seems to think I am a customer when I pay them for service and repairs on this TDI with a rebuilt title. Hec, they even wash the darn thing before giving it back!!

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Touareg, 2015 Q5, 2015 Golf
Hmmm...the VW dealer sure seems to think I am a customer when I pay them for service and repairs on this TDI with a rebuilt title. Hec, they even wash the darn thing before giving it back!!

Dealer and corporate are different entities whose interests don’t fully overlap. Your example is proof of how they differ.

jhuber

TDI
Dealer and corporate are different entities whose interests don’t fully overlap. Your example is proof of how they differ.

This has nothing to do with your assertion that I am not a VW customer and that VW should treat me as an adversary because I bought a VW with a rebuilt title.

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
This has nothing to do with your assertion that I am not a VW customer and that VW should treat me as an adversary because I bought a VW with a rebuilt title.
Not to parse words, but you are reversing the assertions — and who made them — in your statement above. To be clear, a poster complained about VW’s “poor customer service.” I questioned the assumption that the poster is a customer (at least in the way the term is generally used), and offered a different perspective on why they would (as opposed to “should”) delay and contest this class of claims. Whether you permit the use of the word “customer” or you don’t, I certainly understand — as does VW, the CRC, and the settlement representatives on all sides — the differences between one type of claimant and another. Mine were handled expeditiously and professionally.

On an unrelated note, I still think their fraud, coverup, and obstruction of justice were abominable. YMMV

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi Q7 TDI & VW Passat TDI
Not to parse words, but you are reversing the assertions — and who made them — in your statement above. To be clear, a poster complained about VW’s “poor customer service.” I questioned the assumption that the poster is a customer (at least in the way the term is generally used), and offered a different perspective on why they would (as opposed to “should”) delay and contest this class of claims. Whether you permit the use of the word “customer” or you don’t, I certainly understand — as does VW, the CRC, and the settlement representatives on all sides — the differences between one type of claimant and another. Mine were handled expeditiously and professionally.
On an unrelated note, I still think their fraud, coverup, and obstruction of justice were abominable. YMMV
Mythdoc -

VW has gone above and beyond to make things difficult. On the 2L settlement they delayed salvage claims by one year and then (the CRC) changed the document. While some can say people got what they deserved; there was collateral damage as people with 1 car were swept up into this indefensible delay. Most people would agree the document was poor and vague; yet it is a legally binding document and to delay the process one year is unethical.

Further, VW has been giving people issues on the 3L document with clean titles. It is atrocious.

I am glad they handled your claims well. Most people have not had as good an experience as you. Many of us are frustrated.

jhuber

TDI

What you did was imply that everybody who has a salvage/rebuilt title claim being held up by VW was someone who bought a crashed car in order to try and turn a profit off of it, and thus should be considered an adversary of VW.

Last edited:

Mythdoc

Veteran Member
TDI
What you did was imply that everybody who has a salvage/rebuilt title claim being held up by VW was someone who bought a crashed car in order to try and turn a profit off of it, and thus should be considered an adversary of VW.
This is the second time, in as many tries, that you have misrepresented and misreported my statements.

Last try, because I am done making this point: I did not “imply that everybody with a salvage/rebuilt title claim....” anything.

I wrote: “a person who bought a crashed car with sole intent of running it through the buyback process.”

That is just a subcategory of people with those types of titles.

Have a great day.

jhuber

TDI
This is the second time, in as many tries, that you have misrepresented and misreported my statements.

Last try, because I am done making this point: I did not “imply that everybody with a salvage/rebuilt title claim....” anything.

I wrote: “a person who bought a crashed car with sole intent of running it through the buyback process.”

That is just a subcategory of people with those types of titles.

Have a great day.

I really don't think that I am misrepresenting any of your statements.

You wrote your statements in reply to the discussion by different people (including myself) regarding their notarized offer letters being held up by VW, without mentioning any particular claimant or case. Why else would you put your statements right there if you didn't intend for your explanation of why the claims are being held up to apply to those taking part in the immediate discussion? Random posting??? I don't think so.

I think your intent was to paint those in the discussion in a negative light. Not only that, you were condescending in doing so with your little "right side up world" comment. If you would have left your condescending quip out, your intent might not have been so obvious.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
He was quite clear in who he was responding to and he even placed a carrot pointing to the response "above" (preceding) his comment. He was also responding to the claim that VW was failing to deliver customer service. So in order for you to read that his comment was targeting anyone specifically, other than jeffcapp whose post was both preceding his and included the customer service claim, you'd have to ignore those normal composition rules of standard English communication.

Regardless, he also clarified his point twice so why are you harping on what he explicitly stated he never intended for his comments to mean?

He said, "I'm talking to them, not you" and you responded, "no, you're talking to everyone" which is a bizarre way to have a conversation :\

jhuber

TDI
He was quite clear in who he was responding to and he even placed a carrot pointing to the response "above" (preceding) his comment. He was also responding to the claim that VW was failing to deliver customer service. So in order for you to read that his comment was targeting anyone specifically, other than jeffcapp whose post was both preceding his and included the customer service claim, you'd have to ignore those normal composition rules of standard English communication.

Regardless, he also clarified his point twice so why are you harping on what he explicitly stated he never intended for his comments to mean?

He said, "I'm talking to them, not you" and you responded, "no, you're talking to everyone" which is a bizarre way to have a conversation :\
Well, if you want to discuss posting procedure...as I am viewing on my computer, jeffcapp's post does not immediately precede Mythdoc's comment. Mythdoc's post is #1793; jeffcapp's post is #1790, so there are posts #1791 and #1792 in between those two on my screen.

If he was referring to jeffcapp's post, wouldn't he have just quoted it, like he has done when referring to my posts? Clearly, he knows about the quote function. Given that the post prior to his says "Same here", and he knows how to use the quote function, it seems reasonable to me to interpret using the caret character as referring to preceding discussion, not an individual post.

As for the "clarification", it seems like backpeddling...

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta 2013 Passat SE 6Man
FFS, is this back and forth helpful for anyone?

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Bizzle and Mythdoc lack critical thought in the context of this VW settlement and seem to have an entitled sense of purpose in berating those selling back rebuilt vehicles.

Still waiting for signed/notarized uploaded offer document approval.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
The below sounds familiar. It's a chat response to my question on issue with held signed/notarized/uploaded offer. Hopefully there isn't going to be another judicial review and decision on branded titles. I thought we're all done with that and moving on.

Thank you for your patience, again. It seems you were assigned to our Branded Team, which is holding your claim for review. Unfortunately there is no time frame for this review, but as soon as we are ready to move forward we will contact you via email.

GolfTDISA

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 VW Passat tdi
The new report on 3.0 cars should come right about July 13 or so, if you follow the last years schedule.
Also if you have read the most recent 2.0 Report they are debating and creating a so called " new protocols " , my guess is they will try to screw half of the rebuilt / restored title owners same as they did to all the Salvage title owners, the only big surprise to me is that as far as I know I don`t see any joined lawsuits against the VW from the people that got rejected.

bizzle

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW SEL (totaled), 2013 Touareg Executive
Bizzle and Mythdoc lack critical thought in the context of this VW settlement and seem to have an entitled sense of purpose in berating those selling back rebuilt vehicles.

Still waiting for signed/notarized uploaded offer document approval.
How so? Did I lack critical thought when I painstakingly detailed the process the court would follow to arrive at the conclusion I accurately predicted would be reached? Do I lack critical thought because I post opinions and predictions that are diametrically opposed to your expressed opinions and beliefs about what will happen during this process...regardless that I am consistently correct and you are consistently (one might argue, persistently) wrong?

Well, if you want to discuss posting procedure...as I am viewing on my computer, jeffcapp's post does not immediately precede Mythdoc's comment. Mythdoc's post is #1793; jeffcapp's post is #1790, so there are posts #1791 and #1792 in between those two on my screen.

If he was referring to jeffcapp's post, wouldn't he have just quoted it, like he has done when referring to my posts? Clearly, he knows about the quote function. Given that the post prior to his says "Same here", and he knows how to use the quote function, it seems reasonable to me to interpret using the caret character as referring to preceding discussion, not an individual post.

As for the "clarification", it seems like backpeddling...
Who knows, jhuber, I guess your only option is to ignore his explanations that he wasn't referring to you and continue stubbornly harping on whether he was or wasn't talking to you even though he said he wasn't.

Why are you whining about his opinion in this regard anyway? It's bizarre to argue with someone whether they consider you a customer of VW in good faith or whether you are just a pain in the butt that VW is likely to ignore as long as possible. More to the point, why do you even need someone to point that truism out to you and why would you argue against it's reality?

Perhaps I'm just missing the critical thought processes to understand why this is really important.

Last edited:

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
Bizzle, all you do is practice uninformative, flowerly language. Per your previous posts you had always wished a negative outcome for those selling back salvage title cars. I'm done. Move on.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I think this thread has run its course, as evidenced by its devolution (once again) into petty bickering.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
At the request of a user, I am reopening this thread to allow continued discussion of salvage title buybacks.

Bizzle, Mythdoc and anyone else who is looking to derail the conversation, don't.

Thank you for keeping this thread on topic.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
At the request of a user, I am reopening this thread to allow continued discussion of salvage title buybacks.

Bizzle, Mythdoc and anyone else who is looking to derail the conversation, don't.

Thank you for keeping this thread on topic.
Thank you for keeping it open.

jibberjive

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 GSW
I agree, thanks for keeping this open. This thread is an great resource for the past information, but most importantly, it is an invaluable method of communication for those of us in this niche situation going forward. Thanks for being an even-handed moderator.

jeffcapp99

Veteran Member
TDI
Back to the topic. Has anyone received an acceptance of an offer letter recently? I got several right in the beginning (and have turned in a few salvage cars). I have received nothing in the last several weeks. Any ideas what is going on?

Gabero

TDI
'12 Touareg '14 A6
I received two last week. For 2L rebuilt title and a 3L clean (motor vehicle clean) title. Some offer letters stuck and some went through.

fookin

Veteran Member
TDI
A3
I received two last week. For 2L rebuilt title and a 3L clean (motor vehicle clean) title. Some offer letters stuck and some went through.
If you had a 2.0 uploaded offer after around May 4 that got approved and were able to schedule an appointment recently then that is good news. I thought maybe all salvage/rebuilt signed/notarized offers since around May 4 have been put on hold.

TDIforDays

Veteran Member
TDI
few of each 2.0 and 3.0
I just spoke to VW regarding a claim that is incorrectly marked as Salvage. I was told that they will definitely process all Salvage related stuff by Sept 1st.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I just spoke to VW regarding a claim that is incorrectly marked as Salvage. I was told that they will definitely process all Salvage related stuff by Sept 1st.
Famous last words. :)

The employees at VWcourtsettlement have been less than knowledgeable in the past. Are they speaking for the CRC as well?

E2Tdi

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
VW Salvage Car Denials

Hi all, I am working with an attorney on legal options regarding denial of salvage titles. If any wants to participate, please send me a PM

WISCO

TDI
2009 Touareg TDI
I have a 3.0 liter that was submitted May 9. Nothing yet, now hoping for completion in the 6-8 week range. This is starting to feel like being stuck on a deserted island and everything looks like food.

psd1

Veteran Member
TDI
I have a 3.0 liter that was submitted May 9. Nothing yet, now hoping for completion in the 6-8 week range. This is starting to feel like being stuck on a deserted island and everything looks like food.
May 9th of 2018 or 2017?

Vdog

TDI
A couple
Had a hand full of cars with offer letters last month all still in limbo mode, cars are now getting denied with titles pre Feb26th. Thanks VW :)