Vendor Accountability Thread

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Ya getting in touch with him lately has been hit and miss.. I spoke with him last week, then he left me a message just the other day and I haven't been able to get ahold of him to return his call.. I'll give him a shout again on Monday..

oldpoopie

Vendor
TDI
2001 golf gl, 2006 jetta, 1981 ALH swapped rabbit pickup, 1998 beetle
Ya getting in touch with him lately has been hit and miss.. I spoke with him last week, then he left me a message just the other day and I haven't been able to get ahold of him to return his call.. I'll give him a shout again on Monday..
I'll verify that. Plus he is out of town this weekend. I *think* he'll be back early next week....

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I speak to Aaron regularly, most recently day before yesterday. He's fine, although very busy and out of town today. I texted him about this thread and he's going to try to get back to folks, although I think it's a challenge for him right now.

Bear with him. He'll get back to each of you, I'm sure.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
Saw him and talked at Lk. Stevens GTG last Sat. He said he would be out of town (in Utah) most of this week, back in the seat in OR next Monday June 13. I have a two month old order pending but no worries, he is on it once he is back.

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Spoke with Chester yesterday, we're worked out, between the funeral and the quick last minute jaunt to Utah I did fall behind a little.
And for what it's worth regarding Bruce our Instant Gratification program is a bit behind, I've been in as much contact as I can with people on that while we wait for Frank's new equipment to come in :).
Thanks all!
-BB

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
Spoke with Chester yesterday, we're worked out, between the funeral and the quick last minute jaunt to Utah I did fall behind a little.
And for what it's worth regarding Bruce our Instant Gratification program is a bit behind, I've been in as much contact as I can with people on that while we wait for Frank's new equipment to come in :).
Thanks all!
-BB

Glad you're catching up again.. I'm going to call you tomorrow sometime.. Still no oil filters yet.. :p

Ookpic

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf 2Dr 5spd
Although this is not about any TDIClub Vendor I thought it was appropriate to post this here. Mods, if this is a breach of this forum please move or delete.

I use a disposable email address for every single online transaction with every company I deal with. Normally there are no problems. This morning I received a phishing scam email from one of my disposable email addresses. The company is called Parts Express. I'll not post their web address as I'm not trying to advertise for them. They sell lots of audio/video parts. I've sent them an email explaining that they've either been hacked or are selling emails.

If anyone is dealing with them and have an account, check or change your email address password.

sagiboy

TDI
GOLF TDI 2010
TDI club licence plate frame order..

Guys,

How can I contact the merchant who ships out the frames. I bought one over 2 weeks ago..no shipping info..no email responses....???!!!! Should I wait or file a complaint with PayPal..???

thx

Mass. Wine Guy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
5-speed, 2015 Golf S 6-speed manual; 2015 Golf Sportwagen SEL 6-speed manual
Be Careful of ECS Tuning

Since I can't post in the vendors section, feel free to move this there.

I don't have a clue what's going on at ECS Tuning, but I do know that they don't answer my many inquiries to them concerning a part they shipped to me that was not the correct part. I went through their site's car selection, so I'm confident that I ordered what I was led to believe was the right part. That's a pretty minor issue, really, and I realize that it's not a reason to post something like this.

What really annoys me is the company's very poor (aka: total lack of) customer service. There are lots of other place to buy parts from that care about their customers. From now on those will be the ones getting my money.

Last edited:

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I am also not happy with the way they are abusing the vendor section. One thread for every product? Give me a break. Use one thread and list everything in there like I do so everybody doesn't have to scroll through a page of nothing but ECS tuning.

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
I am also not happy with the way they are abusing the vendor section. One thread for every product? Give me a break. Use one thread and list everything in there like I do so everybody doesn't have to scroll through a page of nothing but ECS tuning.
Ditto, looks like a bunch of crap that my email filter would have flagged

kooyajerms

grocery getter
TDI
97 B4V (mine), 11 x5 35d (hers) 04 V10 (that one you want), 2014 Q7 (mom's) 74 Shasta 1400
I concur.

I count 14 items on one page and not tdi specific...

Last edited:

Danny Wheels

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
Do not buy from Gunther VW !!!

A few of you may remeber about a month ago I posted pictures of the 2005 jetta tdi I bought used from Gunther VW in Plantation Florida . I made the deal with the dealer and purchased the car at the exact price they had it advertised for . I in turn said I will buy the car if you change the timing belt (because the car had 67,00 miles ) and service the A/C system and check out why the " check engine light " was on . They said no problem and we had a deal .

I let them have the car for a week before picking it up I asked if everything was complete and fixed , they said " yes " everything is perfect . On the way home not even 5 miles later then check engine light comes on and I cal the dealer and he says "no problem drive it for a few days we will take car of it " . I then brought the car back and they give me a call the next day saying the bill is $ 1000 dollars to change the AC compressor and dryer and something else ( I haven't received the paper work yet ) either way doesn't make a difference because I wasn't paying it because I felt the dealer just got me into the car and then tried to make me pay for the things I had negotiated into the deal before I purchased the vehicle . So I spoke to the salesman that sold it to me and I told him the situation and he told me they will pay for half and I will half to pay for the other half . I told him absolutely not and they were supposed to fix that before I took delivery of the vehicle . So I have to speak to the manager Pete and he and I go back and fourth and I keep me cool and explain to him that even he had to told me out of his own mouth they were going to take care of it and now they are backing out . I accused them of being typical used car salesman and saying whatever I wanted to hear to get me to buy the car . He gets up set and starts raising his voice at me and I ask him why hes getting upset I am the one that is getting screwed and I remind him I haven't been rude or raised my voice in any way . That gets him even more ticked off and he tells me to leave and he will call me tomorrow . :eek: This is a family owned dealer so I am a little shocked that I am being treated this way by one of the managers . Of course the next day I don't get a call but the very next morning I do get one first thing at 9.00 am saying your car is ready to be picked up . I tell the service writer who calls me that I am not paying for it so make sure that if I come the car is ready to be picked up hassle free he says the dealer took care of everything but I do have a $ 50 deductible for the " gold check " warranty that covered a few things . I even felt like telling them no i am not paying that either because in reality they screwed the gold check warranty company but I said forget it and paid the $ 50 and picked up my car . BTW the manager said to me I can never come back :confused: I didn't make a scene in anyway or even raise my voice even one time . So now I am taking it personal and I am going to write a letter to the dealer requesting it goes to the GM or to whoever is affiliated the the Gunther family . I will never buy a VW from them or use there facility for anything ever . I am also going to call the gold check company and tell them they are throwing in repairs into there car sales but having gold check pay for it instead of doing it before the car is delivered . Good thing one of my best friends is a parts manager at another VW dealer anyway . Anyway forget that dealer I wouldn't recommend them to anyone for anything . if you live in Ft Lauderdale I highly recommend going to VISTA VW , I have always been treated very professionally and courteous there .

Thanks for the read hope you take my advice !

dieselfueler

Veteran Member
TDI
04 PD100 Jetta Wagon
Did you get the condition of purchase down in writing? If it isnt written down it didn't happen......If you had too take them to small claims court would you have enough evidence to prove they agreed to do the work?

AARodriguez Corp.

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2009 JSW and Golf 2004 TDI
So I have to speak to the manager Pete and he and I go back and fourth and I keep me cool and explain to him that even he had to told me out of his own mouth they were going to take care of it and now they are backing out . I accused them of being typical used car salesman and saying whatever I wanted to hear to get me to buy the car . He gets up set and starts raising his voice at me and I ask him why hes getting upset I am the one that is getting screwed and I remind him I haven't been rude or raised my voice in any way . That gets him even more ticked off and he tells me to leave and he will call me tomorrow . :eek: This is a family owned dealer so I am a little shocked that I am being treated this way by one of the managers . Of course the next day I don't get a call but the very next morning I do get one first thing at 9.00 am saying your car is ready to be picked up . I tell the service writer who calls me that I am not paying for it so make sure that if I come the car is ready to be picked up hassle free he says the dealer took care of everything but I do have a $ 50 deductible for the " gold check " warranty that covered a few things . I even felt like telling them no i am not paying that either because in reality they screwed the gold check warranty company but I said forget it and paid the $ 50 and picked up my car . BTW the manager said to me I can never come back :confused: I didn't make a scene in anyway or even raise my voice even one time .
Are you referring to Pete the parts manager in Coral Springs or is there a Pete who is a manager at the 441/Fort Lauderdale locations. I've only heard great things about Pete in Coral Springs, I could write my own story about that...

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
Based on prior feedback, Gunther VW is the dealer of choice for me both in Southern Florida and the Atlanta area, if my family or I get caught short and cannot get to one of the mechanics we know.

I am sorry to hear that you had issues with them and your new-to-you car.

But, I will keep them on my good-guy list for now.

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
The sales dept is a completely separate entity from the service dept. Unfortunately there are slime in both ends that make buying/servicing a car really hard.

dieselfueler

Veteran Member
TDI
04 PD100 Jetta Wagon
there are a few folks unfortunately too few that work at a few again too few dealerships that are "good guys". There are guys that I look for at certain dealership that I will only deal with if they are not there I walk out the door. And there are dealerships that get no business from me.

Danny thanks for sharing your experience i think the lesson to be learned here is document document document

Danny Wheels

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
This all happended at Gunther 441 Plantation . I think it was the fault of the sales dept not the service dept . Pete is the one that was calling the shots and he did everything possible to get out of having to fix the car . When himself , the salesman , and I had a meeting when it because time to talk about the bill of course the salesman was trying to say as little as possible . I asked him if fron of Pete " did we agree on these situations before the car was purcahsed ? " He had no choice but to say yes because it was very very clear . I did mess up by not getting it written on the sales order , but I did have the receipts from the orginal time they put it in the body shop . They both new that and also new I was going to get pushed around .

Either way it is wrong to treat people they way they did , have a manager raise his voice to a customer for no reason besides the fact he knew his deal wasn't going the way that he planned . I am going to take the car to another dealer and and make sure they did the work that they said they did , Besides that you can be sure there will be no reason to go to a Gunther dealership for anything at all .

thebigarniedog

Master of the Obvious
TDI
1998 Jetta tdi
This all happended at Gunther 441 Plantation . I think it was the fault of the sales dept not the service dept . Pete is the one that was calling the shots and he did everything possible to get out of having to fix the car . When himself , the salesman , and I had a meeting when it because time to talk about the bill of course the salesman was trying to say as little as possible . I asked him if fron of Pete " did we agree on these situations before the car was purcahsed ? " He had no choice but to say yes because it was very very clear . I did mess up by not getting it written on the sales order , but I did have the receipts from the orginal time they put it in the body shop . They both new that and also new I was going to get pushed around .

Either way it is wrong to treat people they way they did , have a manager raise his voice to a customer for no reason besides the fact he knew his deal wasn't going the way that he planned . I am going to take the car to another dealer and and make sure they did the work that they said they did , Besides that you can be sure there will be no reason to go to a Gunther dealership for anything at all .
Your best bet is to take the car to a Guru and not use the vw dealership network to fix anything. I would never, ever trust any VW dealership to change a TB --- hopefully they did yours correctly. For me, the lesson from your posting is more then "get it in writing", it is "unless you are buying new, don't go there, ever" --- but that is me ......

DSLFAN

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Beetle
my golden rule - "If it ain't written down, it didn't happen"
doesn't excuse them for taking advantage of you, though. Same thing happened to me buying a used car from a dealer one time. They used to have several dealerships, now they are completely out of business. Karmas a *****!

Danny Wheels

TDI
2005 Jetta TDI
my golden rule - "If it ain't written down, it didn't happen"
doesn't excuse them for taking advantage of you, though. Same thing happened to me buying a used car from a dealer one time. They used to have several dealerships, now they are completely out of business. Karmas a *****!
Well I got them to take care of it .. I only paid $ 50 dollars out of pocket for the gold check warranty . No biggie they got what was coming to them with me .. they did over 2k in repairs to this car . Next time though I will make sure everything to the tee is in writing . You live and you learn , at least this one wasn't really the hard way .