Hitting next milestone tomorrow...

MKT

Veteran Member
TDI
Ford F250 6.0, wifey has 2012 Jetta TDI
Tomorrow, most likely on my way to work, I will turn 100,000 miles. Bought the JSW new on 3/17/12 and it had 18 miles on the odometer as I left the dealer's lot.

The EPA sticker showed it should get 42 MPG on the highway and my lifetime average for every mile driven to date is 41.939 (2014 avg is 42.5). I have bought exactly 2370.628 gallons of D2, but will fill this afternoon which should bring my total to about 2384 and change.

I have had no major issues with this car, no HPFP problems no DPF clogs, heck I'm still on the original brake pads. Yes, I had to replace the original tires at 75K but they still had tread (were starting to feel slick in the rain). I did have one minor issue with the rear hatch latch just before 60,000 miles. The latch broke and the hatch wouldn't latch. Dealer repaired at no cost (in case it dies again the part is only ~$109).

This has been a very solid, fuel efficient commuter. I'm pleased.

Wife unit thinks she wants one now too...in fact we're probably heading to the dealer in a bit to look at both new and used TDIs for her.

ezshift5

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI (Enroute BB).......2017 Jetta 1.4 turbo 5M ....................
.......thanks for the purchase re-validation words, MKT.....

The HPFP, DPF et al ad nauseum concerns are attenuated (at least until the next round of failures).

Seriously, you've made my holiday season.

best, ez..........

seth1065

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW with DSG, Panoroof, rear air bags and the always fun velcro blocks, Blue with beige int
Glad to hear it my car will hit 100 k next week , unlike you I have had some headaches, a HPFP, sunroof motor, AC valve, sunroof tubes have all stopped working at some point in three years, Congrats