Official 2005 TDIFest Lodging

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GL Black w/gray int.
The primary hotel for the Fest will be Holiday Inn Express in Fort Atkinson, WI. The registration area will be housed at this hotel. We also have the conference room reserved for lounging/mingling during the Fest. We have 56 rooms reserved, so please sign up early! Amenities include wireless high speed internet, indoor pool and hot tub, and a full continental breakfast. The TDIFest rate is $68/night plus tax which should be $75.15 per night for a standard room. The phone number is 1-920-563-3600. Please be sure to ask for the TDIFest rate.

The secondary hotel for the Fest will be the Roadway Inn in Lake Mills WI. Amenities include wireless high speed internet, indoor pool and hot tub, and a full continental breakfast. The TDIFest rate is $75 plus tax. There are 43 rooms reserved. We will open a second registration area at this hotel if needed. The phone number is (920) 648-3800.

Please note, this years Fest is being held in a small community. The hotels do not have enough rooms to accomodate our whole group. Sign up early to guarantee you will be in one of the two designated TDIFest hotels. When these hotels fill up, there are several other options in the area (15 minutes), but no discounts will be available.

The dates of the Fest are Friday, Sept 2 through Sunday, Sept 4.

Additional TDIFest details will be available in the next few weeks. Please contact me with any questions.

Edward

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Reservation made at HI express.

Point of interest, y'all. If you are an AAA or CAA member, and note that in the drop-down menu on the reservation form, your rate is $55.30 + tax for Fri/Sat, and $48.30 for Sun. This was for a room with a King bed. You must prepay, and reservation is non-cancellable.

Save money where you can, right?

See y'all in September!

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
That's great CoolWht and Paramedick! Yes...we knew those rates were out there but were not able to get them due to payment being needed up front with no cancellations allowed.

You're very right...this entire hotel may quite possibly be booked completely by TID'ers. I know I've booked my room as well as a few others. It it's not...maybe we can all fire up the TDI's and "soot everyone away"

Things are changing daily (for the better) for the fest. We'll be posting shortly the registration form required for attendence. Watch for that announcement. Jeff

mgwerks

Veteran Member
TDI
black 1999 New Beetle
Okay, plans filed with my financial comptroller have been approved as long as she can come too, and so our reservations at the Holiday Inn have been made. We'll be seeing you there!

Mark

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
The three closest options that I can think of are:

Jellystone Park in Fort Atkinson , 14 miles. N551 Wishing Well Dr
Fort Atkinson WI 53538 920-568-4500 / 877-BEARFUN http://www.bearsatfort.com/

Pilgrims Campground in Fort Atkinson , 12 miles. W7271 Hwy C Fort Atkinson WI 53538 800-742-1697

Sandhill Station State Campground
Mud Lake Rd., Lake Mills, WI 53551 (920) 648-8774

There are 15 walk-in campsites at the park (tent only). They are nestled in a secluded Oak Savannah one mile south of Lake Mills on Mud Lake Road. Drinking water and toilets are
available in the campground. One mile south of the Glacial Drumlin Trail.

You can reserve any of 12 sites through ReserveAmerica web site (exit DNR)
or by calling (888) WI PARKS ((888) 947-2757). Three sites are non-reservable.

The campground is open for camping year round. No vehicle admission stickers are required at the campground parking lot.

Sandhill station is about a mile from most Fest activities, but does not have shower facilities.

Let me know if you need additional info.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
As has been mentioned, you can reserve the hotel for even cheaper than the TDIFest rate if you book online now! But please be aware that this is non-cancellable and must be paid at the time of the registration. The three day cost after taxes is $183.26 compared to $225 using the TDIFest rate, a savings of $42 for the three days.

E

The Ripster

Veteran Member
TDI
None at this time
Well I am in for the Fest, I guess this is where you are in for the Lodging. Looking forward to it. Hopefully no more deer hits between now and then.

ikendu

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf Indigo Blue
I'm in!

Got a TDIFest room with 2 queen size beds for Fri-Sat-Sun.

I would plan to bring our A-Lite 400 folding aluminum camper, but the campsites all sound like they are "far away". I don't suppose that a "temporary" campsite close to the Fest could be arranged? I might want to bring the Alite just to show a 400 lb. folding camping trailer to other TDIers. Seems like a shame to drag it along and not really use it for camping (mileage drops to about 32 mpg).

Here it is on the way to South Dakota aside a wind farm.

You can see the SOYFUEL license plate, custom Euro-style BioDiesel sticker and my dual back door BioDiesel placards for folks that walk up when I'm parked somewhere so their questions can get answered even when I'm not around the car.

The other day, two guys drove up next to me in a city and were motioning to me...I pulled over...all they wanted was to find out more about biodiesel! My first experience with people flagging me down while moving to find out more!

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Everyone, Be sure and post HERE once you have made reservations at one of the hotels.

Also, be sure and fill out your registration form and send in payment ASAP in order to get in on the early bird prizes. You'll be glad you did! Look at the list! We have some VERY nice items donated already. Only those that register and pay will be eligible. Thanks! Jeff

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Just an update, the online price is has gone up substantially... The "best price" online is now over $100/night. I believe at one time it was closer to $55. I'm assuming the hotel is probably filling up pretty quick. The TDIFest group has 56 rooms reserved, and the rest are available to the public. I recommend booking your room ASAP to guarantee you will be at the Holiday Inn, and at the TDIFest rate.

E

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
FYI, I would suggest reserving your rooms ASAP. Room options are becoming more limited. The TDIFest block of rooms is filling up, and the rate difference will be significant without it. Make sure to post here Reserved Lodging for the Fest so we can track available rooms.

Thanks,
E

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
FYI, to receive the Fest rate on the hotel rooms, you must book prior to Fri, Aug 5th. After that, all remaining rooms are made available to the public. Make sure to get your reservations before it is too late.

Edward

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
I was able to extend the block of hotel room being held.
The block will be extended until August 19th. After that, the rooms will be released to the public.

Make your reservations early and fill out the TDI Fest registration form through the link on links above. Hope to see you at the fest. Later, J

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
If you've reserved a room for the 2005 TDI Fest and haven't registered yet...I'd suggest you do so ASAP. As it stands now, T-shirt orders can be taken, but not guaranteed. Please register and pay using the PayPal link ASAP.
Later,
J

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
This Friday (8/19)is the cut off day folks for the block of hotel rooms I have reserved. I'd hate to dissapoint anyone so please, get your reservations in not only for the fest, but for your hotel rooms!
Later, Jeff

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
Today is the day folks. This is the last day for the block or rooms reserved at the reduced rate for the fest. If you're going to the TDI Fest and haven't made your reservations, please, do so today. Only 2 weeks left till the "cloud in the corn" evolves. That's "soot" cloud.

Looking forward to meeting a lot of you. See you at the Fest!
Later,
Jeff

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Anyone who might have made a reservations at Best Western in Fort Atkinson, please see this post: Storm Damage Update. NOTE: this message is NOT for the Official Fest Hotel (Holiday Inn Express), but for others who may have selected a different hotel.

Edward

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
So how long of a drive is it from H express to the fest? Also, will there be a van to take the drunk people to and from the fest?

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
From the Hotel to Lake Mills is a 10 mile/10 minute drive.

I believe my brother is going to try to get a 15 passanger van for the weekend to transport people as needed.

eschady

Veteran Member
TDI
Okay, so there was some damage to the Fest hotel... apparently they were going to be working on the roof the day of the tornado, and all of the supplies up on the roof blew away. Things should be all set now, and the phones are working again. There are 15 rooms left for Friday night, but only 5 left for Saturday night. Call ASAP if you still need a room!

E

bluenb1

Veteran Member
TDI
New Beetle, 98, Blue
To let everyone know what's going on. I just got off the phone with the host hotel. Everything is back to normal (what ever normal is?).
The rooms have been released to the general public. HOWEVER , if you call and there are still rooms left, you will still get them at the reduced rate as long as you mention the TDI fest. She said she could do that since we pretty much have the complete hotel to ourselves. (somehow the pool scene from Caddy Shack just flashed in my mind
)

There are only a few rooms left for Friday & Saturday night. Sunday shouldn't be a problem.

Talk to you later and see you at the fest! Jeff

turbinia2

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta, baltic green
For anyone considering this at the last minute (now why would I know about such things?!) - as of noon Tuesday, the Holiday Inn Express had only smoking rooms left for Saturday night.

The back-up hotel - Rodeway in Lake Mills - has online pricing at $62.96 before taxes for a standard double room. Be sure to pull down "Internet" in the special pricing category on the reservations page.