TDIFest 2015

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Congrats on the new job, but sorry that we won't see you at the Fest.

biohazardtj

TDI
2000,jetta/2005,wagon
any activities planed like last time, mtwashington (hopefully no fog this time) tours.....stuff like that? the drive there and home was worth the trip alone! minus the late night towtruck call to get the other TDI accross the border haha good times....

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Yes! I have Mt. Washington on hold for a sunset drive to the top on Saturday evening again, same as in 2013. The contract hasn't been finalized, but at this point it's available and we're on the list.

As for other events like tours, we are working with Sunday River to do something similar to the Snowflake Factory tour, since it was popular and a lot of people missed it last time. :)

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Any chance we can get an alternate route up to dinner? I'm thinking a TDIFest hayride-like afair up the mountain with that tractor you rode in?

VeeDubTDI

TDI
The snow cats are parked all summer, so you won't be getting a ride in one of them.

The alternate way up the mountain to dinner is by school bus up a winding road. I can make those arrangements if there are people who don't want to ride the Chondola (although the Chondola is awesome).

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
You're right. Taking the high wire act is clearly the way to go! :D

Sootman

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI
I've gotta learn to look at this more often. Back to Sunday River with a new hotel! Wow, I'm pretty sure I'll be able to make it and if I do I'll hide the gasser out back so you folks won't have to be embarrassed :D

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Funny, I thought I had already posted on this...

We'll be there as usual, looking forward to seeing everyone and gorging on Lobstah!

We'll bring (at least for us) limited parts (preorders are always appreciated) and plan on tuning just about everything from 1996-2016. (Yes, we can tune the 2015+ cars now!)

Cheers,
-BB

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Finalizing plans for the summer..

The month of May is all but gone, so, I'm trying to put our summer activities into final drive. I just booked a motel for the Fest Weekend ....

Although we had rather stay at the event hotel, since it does not allow pets, I had no choice but to book off-site. My side-kick, Scruff, the mini Schnauzer, travels with us. He is a diabetic which requires special attention that I trust to no one.;)

So, unless our summer plans change drastically, we hope to see y'all Labor Day Weekend!:D

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Andy: I stayed at the Bethel Inn in 2013 with Parker the wonder dog. Only about 10 min from the site and a nice hotel. Not inexpensive, however. I'm on the fence about doing that again or leaving him at home, although sometimes I think people want to see him at the Fest more than me.

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta TDI, Silver 2000 Jetta TDI (sold), '84 Vanagon with '02 ALH engine
Nice pooch....

I booked the Rostay, 6.79 miles from Sunday River (right on Route 2) .......... the dude was really nice and the price was cheaper than Bookings or Priceline. Also, he has a 2002 Jetta TDI for sale, if anyone is interested.

Scruff...

Wife and Scruff..

millere5815

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
Funny, I thought I had already posted on this...

We'll be there as usual, looking forward to seeing everyone and gorging on Lobstah!

We'll bring (at least for us) limited parts (preorders are always appreciated) and plan on tuning just about everything from 1996-2016. (Yes, we can tune the 2015+ cars now!)

Cheers,
-BB
Nice to hear. I was going to get a stage 4 tune before I went to tdifest, but if you are going to be there and able to do it I may just wait. I'll just need a 3 bar MAF

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
We want Parker, We want Parker! We want Parker, We want Parker! We want Parker, We want Parker! He will need his butler so Peter better be here also.....

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Yeah, from the pics on the web site, the Rostay should be able to accommodate our needs. They welcome pets, large area to walk the dog, rooms looked fairly nice, Sunday rate drops $20.00 and the dude said I could leave my popup camper parked there. ...... and, seems there is a full breakfast each morning! Comments indicated the food is good! ..........

Yes, Abacus, being just down the road is a plus.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Hi guys and gals!

Just an update here: we are working on the registration system and it should be ready by mid-month (hopefully before). The hotel is ready for booking if you want to go ahead and get that out of the way ... I'll start a new thread with lodging information and the group code.

BleachedBora

TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Sounds good Millere, just get in touch with me a few weeks before and we'll sort it out.

Peter - everyone loves you and your pooch, and since I don't think Parker can drive alone you probably better bring both of you... :)
-BB

KM1DAS

TDI
'10 Jetta TDI Cup, '03 Jetta Wagon TDI
Is there a paid membership we have to get to do this or just a free forum member? I'd definitely love to come by and meet some people. Thanks.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Is there a paid membership we have to get to do this or just a free forum member? I'd definitely love to come by and meet some people. Thanks.
There will be a paid membership. That system will be launched in the next two weeks, so stay tuned for more information. We'd love to have you! :cool:

k_harley

TDI
2006 Jetta TDI, 2005 Audi S4, 1997 Audi A4 Race car, 2004 Passat TDI 6MT 4motion
I might have a wedding that weekend, but it not, this is great, I just bought a condo in North Conway, so I can use that as a half way point for the fest. I have extra bedrooms there too if others need a place to stay. I had a good time last fest!

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I have lots of updates, actually. I'm just waiting until the conclusion of tonight's planning conference call to post them. :)

AndyBees

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The month of May is all but gone, so, I'm trying to put our summer activities into final drive. I just booked a motel for the Fest Weekend ....

Although we had rather stay at the event hotel, since it does not allow pets, I had no choice but to book off-site. My side-kick, Scruff, the mini Schnauzer, travels with us. He is a diabetic which requires special attention that I trust to no one.;)

So, unless our summer plans change drastically, we hope to see y'all Labor Day Weekend!:D
Yeah, from the pics on the web site, the Rostay should be able to accommodate our needs. They welcome pets, large area to walk the dog, rooms looked fairly nice, Sunday rate drops $20.00 and the dude said I could leave my popup camper parked there. ...... and, seems there is a full breakfast each morning! Comments indicated the food is good! ..........

Yes, Abacus, being just down the road is a plus.

Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
...Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest...
You will be missed! You can, however, mail the moonshine to me and I promise to deliver it to the auction for you... :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Sorry to report, but we've had to change plans. So, unfortunately, we will not be attending the 2015 TDI Fest.

As can be seen in the quotes above, we do have reservations at the Rostay Inn which is located about 4.9 miles from the event location.

So, later this week, I'll be cancelling the motel reservations.
Bummer! I hope your alternate plans are fun! ;)