TDIFest 2015

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
Good news, everyone! TDIClub is pleased to announce that TDIFest 2015 will be held at the Jordan Grand Hotel, at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine, from September 4th to 6th.

TDIFest started in 2000, in Wilmington, NC, when a small group of TDIClub supporters got together to raise funds to keep TDIClub up and running. As TDIClub and TDIFest grew and we worked with a variety of venues all over the US and Canada, we learned that locales have significantly different regulations pertaining to conferences and events. TDIClub encountered insurmountable difficulties while attempting to take TDIFest to St. Louis, Missouri, in 2014. Canceling TDIFest 2014 was a last-resort decision that was not taken lightly. The time that TDIClub core event organizers would have spent planning TDIFest was instead spent developing a plan to ensure the success of TDIFest for future years, and ultimately the continuity of TDIClub.
Among other changes, entry to TDIFest will become a benefit for TDIClub’s financial contributors. For more information about changes coming to TDIClub, including more information about contribution, continue reading here.

TDIFest 2015 will be held at the Jordan Grand Hotel at Sunday River Ski Resort in Newry, Maine, from September 4th to 6th.

After reviewing all viable locations where TDIFest 2015 could be held, we decided to extend our relationship with Boyne resorts and return to Sunday River. Sunday River's Jordan Grand is an excellent fit for TDIFest 2015, given their familiarity with our organization and willingness to go the extra mile to meet our needs, which allows us to limit the amount of venue-specific management needed for this year. Jordan Grand is Sunday River’s newest hotel and offers numerous improvements as compared to the Grand Summit, used for TDIFest 2013 – an even more fantastic view, excellent conference facilities, and an amphitheatre-like parking area which will work well for our needs.

As described in the TDIClub updates announcement, entrance into any TDIFest will be free for any TDIClub member who is a “Contributor” level or higher. Please note that this is just entrance into the event in general and does not include meals or optional events that require additional fees. Individuals who wish to attend TDIFest will be required to first become a “Contributor” to TDIClub, either prior to the event’s start or at the door. On-site contribution will be possible, similar to how event registration has been available at the door at prior TDIFest events. While TDIClub membership will be available at the door, access to meals and any other limited-attendance events (such as the awards banquet and auction) cannot be guaranteed unless purchased by the pre-registration deadline. There are no other methods by which entry into TDIFest can be obtained. More information, including dates, hotel information, and room reservations will soon be available at http://wiki.tdifest.com.

Registration for TDIFest 2015 is currently planned to be available as of June 3, 2015. Details about how to register will be released closer to availability.

Read more about our plans for TDIFest 2015 at http://wiki.tdifest.com in the next few days.

Last edited:

Abacus

That helpful B4 guy
TDI
Only the B4V left
I could not be more psyched about this! Since I finally have that weekend off and am somewhat local (a few hours away), I am offering to help in whatever way I can.

MonsterTDI09

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta DSG/ up keep on 2009 Jetta DSG 2006 Jetta Pag 2 in North SEA Green
To anybody thinking about going to the fest. Trust me it's worth the trip the views are spectacular, if you are lucky you see will some moose.

n8ronJ

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328d XDrive, 2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5speed Platinum Grey (sold), 2010 Jetta 6speed (bought back)
Seeing a moose would be awesome... Just not right in front of me in the road! Or my car will end up being parted out at the Fest :eek:

Nash_TDI

Veteran Member -TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
2000 Silver Jetta TDI
Had a great time a few years ago. Hopefully I can squeeze in another work trip to NYC as a midpoint for the trip.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I could not be more psyched about this! Since I finally have that weekend off and am somewhat local (a few hours away), I am offering to help in whatever way I can.
I plan to take you up on this offer. Let's talk soon about some things. :)

manual_tranny

Smyth Performance- Intern
TDI
2001 Golf @182K; 2000 Jetta @290K
I have a wedding to attend in France on September 6th. I guess I'll be missing this one..

I am pretty sure that one of our Utes will be attending. I'll miss you guys!

PeterV

TDIClub Enthusiast, HO5G Doyen & Zen Master
TDI
2000 Jetta 5 sp.
The Jordan Hotel site is well laid out. This will be another great Fest.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
This looks doable for me, but the missus has meetings with students on Labor Day. :(

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
What I liked best about the hotel was when I walked into the Lobby with Parker (my dog) and learned that (a) dogs aren't allowed; (b) service dogs are allowed; (c) hotel staff aren't allowed to ask if a dog is a service dog. Perfect

rocketeer928

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
Parker playing the role of a service dog. Now that's funny.

I would love to come to this year's Fest. Not sure, as I am currently looking for work. I had two interviews the past couple of weeks that went really well; one near Boston and another near Chicago. If I land in MA, then I would try to be there with my buddy n8ronJ. If in IL, that would be difficult. If no job soon, then no chance.

Last edited:

jasonTDI

TDI GURU Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
20' RAM 3500 CCLB dually HO/Aisan. 2019 Cherokee 2.0T
I'll try and make it this time.

cevans

TDIClub Enthusiast, TDI Parts Ninja Vendor , w/Bus
TDI
2015 Beetle Conv. TDI 6-Speed & 2006 E320 CDI
Parker playing the role of a service dog. Now that's funny.

It's a very serious responsibility.

I loved the Maine fest, but I'm somewhat surprised that Detroit wasn't picked again, though. Middle of the country, lots of car culture, history, museums...I'm Monday morning quarterbacking and I apologize.

Maine was great, though. Awesome drive up, amazing scenery, the Mt. Washington drive was classic. It was surprisingly very, very fun - and the lift ride to the banquet was a really nice touch. Good venue all around.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
It's a very serious responsibility.
I loved the Maine fest, but I'm somewhat surprised that Detroit wasn't picked again, though. Middle of the country, lots of car culture, history, museums...I'm Monday morning quarterbacking and I apologize.
Maine was great, though. Awesome drive up, amazing scenery, the Mt. Washington drive was classic. It was surprisingly very, very fun - and the lift ride to the banquet was a really nice touch. Good venue all around.
We were looking at Detroit/Ypsi again, but the budget wasn't adding up. Food pricing increased nearly 30% and there was an increase in hotel rooms; the value just wasn't strong enough. No worries, we'll be back there for the Detroit Auto Show in January! :cool:

n8tgc

TDI
2013 Jetta SportWagen TDI DSG
Fantastic! Close enough for a day-trip! Putting it on calendar now...

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
I've got something that looks like that hanging in my basement stairwell. It has a wooden handle and is used to mop the floor. :D

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Some pictures from last weekend's trip to Sunday River...

The sunset view when we arrived on Saturday evening

Slider's restaurant where we will be having the meet & greet. It extends out onto a large slope-side patio

Heated pool with two hot tubs

Awesome panorama of the back side of the hotel

I got a ride in a snow cat! View of the hotel from the top of Lollapalooza

Pisten Bully 400... what an amazing machine

Losers in the lobby! (references: here, here, here, here, and here)

Lobby fireplace

Covered bridge over Sunday River

At the end of the Chondola at the top of North Peak where the Sunday banquet will be held

Last edited: