new guy here

551redduke

TDI
2006 jetta
I have a 2006 vw jetta TDI with 215,000 miles on it. My question is how do you know when you should change the injectors and turbo on your can. Is it based on mileage or is there a way to check these parts to see if they are working correctly. The car seems to be running ok for now. Thanks

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 2005 BEW Beetle, 2005 Jetta Wagon
I am told by a well known tuner that they should last 300K if you mind good fueling habits...And some roll in here with many more miles than that and seem OK. If you put them on a test stand chances are that it would show them as being less than optimum.

johnsTDI

Veteran Member
Canada,ont North America were Neighbours to usa
TDI
2012 Highline
turbo component should last a good long time providing Your using proper spec Diesel viscosity Oil it calls for and not extending drain intervals too long. wich seems that's not the case so far with that kind of mileage. :) however if it does ever fail you will definitely feel no power. fuel Injectores unless your having trouble with it starting, or loss of power, or hesitation, etc.. leave them alone.

Last edited:

reince

TDI
2006 Beetle
My buddy's brother got 270k miles on his Jetta TDI and injector components still not having any issue.

Franko6

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Jetta, 99, Silver`
There are three items that by the time you've rolled 200k, you probably will have issues, but the injectors are not one of them.

1. The cam. We designed our own cam, bearings, rocker and cam bolts to improve the oiling, and correct the solid lifter profile mistake made by VAG.
2. The Dual mass flywheel. Either manual or the DSG (which is most common), they tend to start banging around 160k-180k. If you minimize your idle time, they last much longer. But eventually, they all seem to go.
3. The EGR cooler. If you look at the air filter and there's about 3" of the filter that is coal-black, it's the EGR cooler's butterfly valve shaft, leaking soot from the exhaust directly into the cold air intake to the air filter housing. That loses at least 30% of your boost, when the unit goes out. The purpose of the butterfly valve is what I call 'designed obsolescence', when a part is virtually made to break. We fix them and give a lifetime warranty on the part.

Questions? Feel free to call.