Any VW employee member can answer a question?

thostby

TDI
Golf mk6 2.0tdi 103kw CBAB
Hi, I'm looking for any kind of VW employee that can answer a question regarding a specific TSB, and what it means.

It can be PM if you want.

Sorry if this is not the right sub.:eek:

AMGE36

TDI
Looking for Passat TDI
Ha Ha Ha
You cant find the one from VW - Mercedes - BMW who know something
There do the job as robots reading instruction from job title only.
Ask them what is proper tire pressure * tell you to read what is written on the tire sidewall.

Fixmy59bug

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SE
AMG,

You’re just a hate filled little troll, aren’t you?

There are many employees at the dealer level who know what they’re doing. Until last month, I was with Vw for over 14 years. I’d like to think I knew/know what I am talking about.

Unfortunately his question was about a corrosion related warranty TSB, so being a parts guy I was unable to help.

yahmon

Veteran Member
TDI
04 passat tdi 6spd stage2 webasto TC3 , 04 passatW8 6 spd, 10 Jetta TDI 6spd stage 1
AMG,

You’re just a hate filled little troll, aren’t you?

There are many employees at the dealer level who know what they’re doing. Until last month, I was with Vw for over 14 years. I’d like to think I knew/know what I am talking about.

Unfortunately his question was about a corrosion related warranty TSB, so being a parts guy I was unable to help.
There are plenty of signatures on my passat that make a serious case to keep it away from a dealership.

itsmejerry

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI Nav, 2015 Passat SE TDI, 2015 Beetle Convertible TDI, 2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI All Phase 2 Emission Modified complete. 50 State Legal Diesel!
You're from Norway. I know that warranties vary greatly from one country to another, so trying to ask a warranty question here may be a futile effort as what applies in one country, may not be the case in another. (although the TSB's usually are).

That being said, you should contact your local dealership. If that does not prove fruitful, go up the chain to VW in your region.

thostby

TDI
You're from Norway. I know that warranties vary greatly from one country to another, so trying to ask a warranty question here may be a futile effort as what applies in one country, may not be the case in another. (although the TSB's usually are).
That being said, you should contact your local dealership. If that does not prove fruitful, go up the chain to VW in your region.
Yeah I know, but I'm interested in hearing how it works elsewhere. :)

GoFaster

Moderator at Large
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI
Just because there is a TSB about something, doesn't mean it's a warranty repair.

Given that *zero* information has provided about which TSB or its contents, the original poster's question is unanswerable.

I don't work for VW and don't have access to VW TSBs.

thostby

TDI
Just because there is a TSB about something, doesn't mean it's a warranty repair.
Given that *zero* information has provided about which TSB or its contents, the original poster's question is unanswerable.
I don't work for VW and don't have access to VW TSBs.
I wasn't sure if I should post all details first or not. That's why I asked around for someone first.

Maybe I should've posted the entire question incl. details. I'll probably do that if this isn't working :)

pdq import repair

Veteran Member
TDI
09 Jetta
Visit your dealer. I just took my car in for the emissions recall at my nearest dealer, who is a two hour drive away from me.

Everyone in the service department was excellent in answering all my questions and even then some. Often times you will find the people working for a dealer are enthusiasts themselves and that is why they stay there.

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
not every person who works at a dealer is wonderful.

I had a service rep, at a dealer very close to where I used to work. they would give me a ride back to work, which was nice.

he was friendly, and popular with folks who posted here.

I stopped by one day, I think to activate the vw gift card.

anyway, I had located a TSB related to my car's hood and corrosion. this is over and above the usual VW rust warranty.

at this point, the rust had migrated from the edges to under the paint.

this service rep claimed he could not find the TSB, and proceeded to pick at the rust with his fingernail, saying he doubted it would be covered since it looked like it was from a ding.

I asked him to step away from the car, and asked how one would start the corrsion claim.

he said I had to call VW.

when I did, they said the first step is to see a dealer service department.

I went to a different dealer, and the service manager had no problem finding the TSB, said no issue, and scheduled a time for me to drop off the car for the hood replacement.

so the moral of the story is to be informed, and be a little assertive. (not an ass hole, but just know what you should get, and ask for it)

most of the TSBs indicate which cars they apply to.

thostby

TDI
@meerschm, yeah and that's why I am doing my research :) thanks for your informative post!