New Wash Fluid Tank Leak

arwright

TDI
'15 Passat SE TDI '15 Golf Sportwagen S TDI
Picked up a TDI Passat SE in May and have discovered a leak in the wash tank. Noticed the light came on and thought it was odd. Decided to bring it to the dealer to have it looked at. Without an appointment, I asked for them to look at the tank and check other fluids levels as this made me nervous. If this was low what else is low?

They filled the tank and said there was no leak and suggested that I had used it while driving. Classic us vs them blame explanation from the dealer.

Not 24 hours later, without using the wash fluid the light comes on again. After sitting overnight, saw a puddle on the ground in front of the passenger tire.

Don't know why this tank failed less than 2 months of owning it. But I will bring it back to the dealer for warranty work. Possibly a hose got loose somehow?

I felt silly bringing my car in for wash fluid while I could have filled the tank myself. But I had a feeling there was something more. Now I have the trip to the dealer to show the issue.

arwright

TDI
'15 Passat SE TDI '15 Golf Sportwagen S TDI
Update.

The cause of the leak was a defective Washer Jet Nozzle. VW Care replaced no charge.