2013 Jetta Sportwagen TDI

Oakcutter

TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
Bought this car for my partner who drives 100 miles a day round trip. So far so good with the dealer fixing a few things under warranty. Tonight is the first night I have driven it at night and the floor lights are staying on both sides. I looked in the manual and it says they stay on when the light switch is on. Just dosen't seem right to me. Shouldn't the cabin be dark, even at your floor, Can I shut this feature off? thanks. The manual calls it footwell lighting.

Last edited:

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
This can be set with the VCDS and perhaps one of the menus .
I had one and turned off the footwell lights, but with short term memory loss I can't remember how it is done.
Whichever way it is easy (if you have the VCDS cable, which if you have the car you should buy anyway)

Oakcutter

TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
2013 TDI Sportwagon

This can be set with the VCDS and perhaps one of the menus .
I had one and turned off the footwell lights, but with short term memory loss I can't remember how it is done.
Whichever way it is easy (if you have the VCDS cable, which if you have the car you should buy anyway)
Got it, thats what I figured, have to buck up and buy the Ross Tech VCDS. Thanks

JesseTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, Premium package
You can turn it off through the menus you scroll through with the steering wheel buttons. It's in your vehicle lighting settings, you can set the brightness level or just turn them off entirely.

Oakcutter

TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
2013 TDI Sportwagon

You can turn it off through the menus you scroll through with the steering wheel buttons. It's in your vehicle lighting settings, you can set the brightness level or just turn them off entirely.
Thank You. I will look into that.

Oakcutter

TDI
2013 TDI Sportwagen
yes , that worked well. Thanks JesseTDI