Golf overrevs when your accelerating

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Hi , I recently had a problem with my golf mark7. Starting the car up was a nightmare it kept stuttering untill the car got warm. I was told It was the fuel injectors and had to pay 600 to get it fixed. However I just got it back yesterday and although the problem seem to be fixed I now have a new problem. As I accelerate the car sometimes it just jumps or overrevs as if I put my foot down . This has never happened before and now it has happened 3 times on a 50km journey. Any reason why ?

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Sounds like clutch slipping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Sounds like clutch slipping?

Yeah I read online this . This has never happened in 6 months iv had it and the second I get it back from the garage it's happened 3 times in the hour . I'm kind of paranoid now that the guys have swapped out parts or something as I can't see why this randomly is happening

calimustang

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG (buyback, RIP), 2014 JSW TDI, 2015 Passat TDI, 2013 Jetta TDI.
Ugh is she a CPO? If so, have them take her in and replace clutch if its actually going out. How many miles on her?

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Ugh is she a CPO? If so, have them take her in and replace clutch if its actually going out. How many miles on her?

It's 127k kilometers
Iv only put 3.5k in the 6 months as I wasn't using it much.
It just has me paranoid as it has never happened at all in the 6 months and now since it was at a garage 3 times in a hour . Could be shady people who switched out parts or something.
It was bought second hand but in a garage. Much more expensive than buying off a third party guy and honestly now I can't see the benefit

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Definitely sounds like clutch slipping. In 4th gear or higher at about 2k rpm, if you put your foot to the floor the revs go up but you don't feel any acceleration?

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Definitely sounds like clutch slipping. In 4th gear or higher at about 2k rpm, if you put your foot to the floor the revs go up but you don't feel any acceleration?
Yeah definitely happens in 3rd when I put my foot down for a motorway or such. Your right Mechanic said the clutch and said he'd fix it free of charge , can't complain thanks for the help

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
The big question to me is how/why did this start happening?
If the mechanic is willing to fix it for free....they must know that they did something to mess it up.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
Racing and glazed the clutch lining? Didn't know how to drive a manual trans properly? Something must be up if they are willing to fix it for free. Not a small job to do. Makes you wonder why they would do that.

Pickledrick

TDI
Volkswagen Golf 1.6 TDI
Yeah definitely it's got me thinking there shifty. The car now keeps staying on after it's been used despite being driven 150km plus this weekend. Now I'm worried they switched out the diesel filter as well . Yeah I see it's not a cheap job yet he's fixing it free of charge . He's selling a lot of cars and I presume it's easy enough for mechanics to switch parts with older cars