Lancaster Get Together.... :mad:

EightAngryValves

Sorry for ruining Your get together in Lancaster…

I guess I am sorry for showing up at your get together without a TDI. It looks like other VW products are not welcome at your events. Its really a shame that your club is so rude and un-open to outsiders. Only one person bothered to say “hi” to any of us when we came, and the host got an attitude with us when we found out we did not drive TDI’s. With two exceptions, the guy in the Red TDI and one other younger guy were very nice….everyone else seemed to be very antisocial and un-accepting of outsiders. So, in closing, I am sorry for making the mistake of coming to your event; I am also sorry for the fact that your group gives VW owners a bad name.
/images/graemlins/mad.gif

dieseldorf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
ex- 1996 wagon, ex-2000 Jetta
Angry, I don't know if it's fair to make a broad statement like that. I have been to plenty of GTGs and there have been times when non-TDI VWs showed up plus an assortment of other marques. No one has ever been snubbed. Sorry if that was your experience today.

mikeyworks

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS TDI Green, 2000 Jetta GLS TDI Blue
Sorry if you feel that way.

I know some folks were geering the gassers that came by, including me...I drove my Ford Ranger...surely not a TDI, but really you have to stay for a while, try to socialize, talk to folks, try to get engaged in a conversation....and I'm sure everyone (well most everyone) will welcome you.

We're a pretty weird group and most have an odd sense of humor, but really after a little harmless geering, we're a really great group.

Sorry you got a bad taste in your mouth from your short exposure to the TDI world.

Mikey

tongsli

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI, 2004, Jetta Wagon TDI PD
Well,

Please don't include me in your criticism. I didn't even see you there. What color was your car?? Where did you park???? Ok, I see it was Red. I do recall you coming, but I never got a chance to speak with you. Were people rude?? I'm very surprised.

I certainly would have said hello and talked with you. That sucks that you were made to feel this way. Please come to Impexfest III this spring and I will make sure you are introduced to all my friends, ok?? We always have a few gassers coming and they're always welcome.

I too am sorry for the experience you had. If I had only met you I would have gone out of my way to welcome you.

Lito

chudzikb

Veteran Member
TDI
05.5 Jetta 03 Golf 2 door
You can't please everyone. And you know what, it is not in my nature to try. All that came and made any kind of attempt to fit in and be social did well at this event. One of my friends has a saying that I repeat often, "no good deed goes unpunished". Seems to fit here. Get over it dude.

BEC

YoMamma

[ QUOTE ]
chudzikb said:
You can't please everyone. And you know what, it is not in my nature to try. All that came and made any kind of attempt to fit in and be social did well at this event. One of my friends has a saying that I repeat often, "no good deed goes unpunished". Seems to fit here. Get over it dude.

BEC

[/ QUOTE ]

This post pretty much sums up why people caught a bad vibe from your GTG. (I included) Enthusiasts are supposed to be eager to trade info regardless of what engine is fueling their interests. I hope that you come out to a general Dub GTG where all engines and drivers are truly welcome. At that GTG you will see what a "good time" really is.

Actually I digress, you might NOT want to show up. Now that we know what you drive, we would have to return the same "good humored" aka "Dic_khead" treatment to you.