FS: SoCal 99 New Beetle TDI Project (Drives/runs fine)

John25757

Asking $1500. Has approximately 202,000 miles.

You might want to tow the vehicle away because it has no lights, brake lights, or turn signals installed. Even though it runs and drives, I would not suggest driving it for any long distance, other than around the block, for this reason!

Vehicle is located in Huntington Beach, California (About 45 minutes south of Los Angeles)

The main value in this vehicle is for its engine and 5-speed manual transmission and all of the associated wiring and manual transmission swap parts. The interior is a bit too far gone to re-assemble for all but the most motivated and ambitious mechanic! With a good solid month of work, it could be put back together, and would be pretty nice if you have some good front seats, but I don't have the time to complete it anymore.

A few years ago, I re-painted the car and in that process, I also began an interior overhaul. All the interior parts and carpet were removed in this process and have not been put back in. It would require a substantial amount of work to return it to a useable, functional daily driver with seats, sunroof, etc. Someday these will be scarce and I will regret selling it, but for now I must move on and pass the vehicle along to someone else who can use it for it's engine and transmission.

This car has been in southern California its entire life. There is NO rust on this car. Willing to ship anywhere in the country, although a local face-to-face buyer is preferred.

Last edited:

John25757

1. Will try to rig up something for any prospective buyer to roll down windows if they want to drive it away with windows rolled down. Climate control and heat are not hooked up!
2. Approx 202,000 miles, will revise post.

Last edited: