DPF and EGR replacement

splatmatic

TDI
2011 Jetta
So I just got my car back from the dealership after she sat there for a week :eek:

I was having a check engine light come on and off over the past 5 or 6 thousand miles that my other dealer never find(im currently at 21k). The code was for the EGR filter inside of the DPF, but they went ahead and replaced the whole DPF. I notice threads over in the forum for golfs and Jetta sportwagens and thought I'd post something down here to show that we have these issues too :rolleyes:
Summarizing some of the other posts, it seems to a recurring issue. Some have had the DPF replaced 3 or 4 times in less than 80,000mls. :eek: If this issue continues outside of warranty, you can say bye bye DPF and hello Rawtech downpipe.:p

Also when my car was in the dealer I got my 20k service, my faulty horn replaced and my blown headunit. Funny thing was the headunit blew about a mile before I pulled into the dealer with a burning rubber smell. I guess the Jetta wanted an extra long stay at the doctor :D

Last edited:

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I notice a threads over in the forum for golfs and Jetta sportwagens and thought I'd post something down here to show that we have these issues too :rolleyes:
Summarizing some of the other posts........

I can appreciate that, thanks.

I also had to have my horn replaced. :rolleyes:

hks3sgte

TDI
2013 Jetta TDI
I just had a check engine light and DPF light come on with under 3,000 miles. Wow

joeelmex

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Premium
Wow this is not good to hear. I just bought 2 2012 jetta. Maybe I should buy the extended warranty on them now.

splatmatic

TDI
2011 Jetta
The dpf is covered by the 80k emissions warranty... but they will try and tell you it's not covered. My code was for the egr filter in the DPF... but apparently the egr only has a 24k warranty in place by federal law... I'm really hoping there will be an extension on the emission warranty, otherwise I'm going to be installing a rawtek downpipe, aka getting rid of all the emissions equipment.