Audi A6 Tdi avant Tuning

critch

TDI
Audi A6 Avant Tdi 130
Hi everyone from a Tdi newbie :)

Just registered from the uk and i need some advice.

At last I`ve decided to slightly modify my audi, :p

Firstly after searching found a K+N replacement panel filter.

The second thing is to change the exhaust from the cat-back for a custom made system from a well known company near me and they`ll let me chose the tailpipe quoted about £300 how does this sound.

The also made a suggestion that it maybe possible to add the tailpipes similar to the RS6 Avant but i don`t know how it will look on my car and it`s affect on the engine.

Any advice and opinions would be great.

Cheers

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
I would think that the first modification you would want to make in to get the ECU reprogrammed! But a warning ... once you start, it's hard to turn away from the modding addiction.

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
Welcome to TDI Club! It's always great to hear from TDI-cowners fromthe other side of the Pond .. if only so we can hear about the many TDI vehicles that we poor N.Americans don't get, like your Avant! :D That would be as close to the perfect car for me if it were available here! Either that or the Toureg with the same TDI motor!

First thing I would suggest to you is to search for "K&N" on these forums and read about the negative effects this has on your vehicle, particularly the ill-effect it has on the Mass Airflow sensor (MAF). Yu'll find the general consensus is that these oiled filters are considered to have no appreciable gains and usually quite detrimental effects.

Secondly, there have been a few documented trials of after-market exhaust setups that have shown little or no gains in power due to the fact that the TDI engine doesn't suffer from a back-pressure problem. Only when you've upgraded the turbo to something larger (like the turbo from a 3,0L TDI onto our 1.9L 4-cylinder!) would something like a cat-back or turbo-back exhaust setup really make any difference. If you do a search for "mufflerectomy" you'll see that the most common mod for the exhaust is to simply cut off the muffler and weld on a straight pipe (with or without exhaust tips). The only real benefit here is the slightly faster spool-up of the turbo .. and the sexy sound of the turbo whining as it spools up!

My suggestion would be to get in touch with a local chip-tuner and discuss a "stage 1" chip-tuning for your car. Your car is equipped with a vnt17 turbo (bigger than our vnt15) and with this turbo and a good chip-tuning and some bigger injector nozzles, your car should be good for 180hp. Of course, you'll need to upgrade some things along the way like the clutch, and maybe install some gauges (boost and EGT are important).

critch

TDI
Audi A6 Avant Tdi 130
Cheers for the welcome ed tdi

I honestly didn`t know that the turbo was larger on the 1900 tdi 130 audi`s in the uk also i`ll do the searches you suggested to find out what happens.

I`ve looked in the uk for boost gauge kits for tdi`s and instructions on how to fit them but unfortunately no look on finding gauge kits for tdi`s or instructions how to fit them.

cheers

Ed's TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Bora and 2016 Touareg
There are a number of UK and European members on this forum that may be able to help you source parts for your car.

mojogoes, andyabt, pegbox_7, StringrayRT, VortexNL, S2Avant and tdi_rs are a few that I can think of off the top of my head (sorry to anyone that I overlooked!)

As for the turbo, yes it's a bigger unit (gt1749vb I believe) and is capable of runnig 20-22psi all day long without any trouble. Some people have pushed it harder than that but that's been pretty much proven to be the threshold of tolerance before something goes KABOOM!

My recommendation would be to get in touch with Aligator and inquire about various chip-tuning options he offers. Very good tuning and gerat cutomer service. I can guarantee you won't be disappointed!

OptiCan

TDI
Phaeton 5.0TDI
Critch
In UK you could talk to Jason at ChippedUK.com - he has all experience you would like a tuner to have - and he has dealers all over UK if his workshop is to far away for you.

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
hi bud i am in doncaster and have a 2004 a6 avant, if you ever need a hand just let me know id be more than happy to help if i have the time.

Have you had the inlet and egr off yet to clean them, te difference in drivability afterwards is like black and white.

mine is mildly tuned and runs holds around 22psi on full chat now ive got the boos guage set up which i might add isnt a hard job.

and forget all these daft inline vacume buffers i used zip ties on the vacume hose until the needle stopped buzzing and it worked a treat 7 ties all in all about 6 inches from where it came out of the boost hose.

i would say check your intercooler as mine went and a few people i know with these have had the same problem after remaps.

cheers

mick

mick84

TDI
A6 C5 Avant PD130
lol i was on my phone on a night shift didnt pay attention to the date lol just realised lol ha what div am i lol.