2012 Jetta TDI fuel rail pressure

am2airframe

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
My car is less than 2 years old and they have replaced; #2 Glow plug, fuel pump, engine wiring harness, fuel rail pressure sensor, ecu, and now they want to remove and replace the complete fuel system.........I will find each engine code associated with the glow plug, but the rest are from PO193. VW of America sent a tech rep to the dealer, sounded like a phone call diagnosis and not an on site call, but I will take their word on it. The tech rep suggested to replace the whole fuel system. Trying to have VW replace this car with a new one. So far the car has been in the shop allot and is a lemon in my mind. Has anyone had this issue and had luck with a fix?

The early signs prior to an engine code latching is sluggish sloppy engine, followed by glow plug light solid on, then flashing with check engine light.

I drive about 100 miles a day and bought this car to do so, but hasn't been the greatest so far!

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
My car is less than 2 years old and they have replaced; #2 Glow plug, fuel pump, engine wiring harness, fuel rail pressure sensor, ecu, and now they want to remove and replace the complete fuel system.........I will find each engine code associated with the glow plug, but the rest are from PO193. VW of America sent a tech rep to the dealer, sounded like a phone call diagnosis and not an on site call, but I will take their word on it. The tech rep suggested to replace the whole fuel system. Trying to have VW replace this car with a new one. So far the car has been in the shop allot and is a lemon in my mind. Has anyone had this issue and had luck with a fix?

The early signs prior to an engine code latching is sluggish sloppy engine, followed by glow plug light solid on, then flashing with check engine light.

I drive about 100 miles a day and bought this car to do so, but hasn't been the greatest so far!
I think the fuel rail pressure is 2300psi yes and that is not a mistype I think it converts out to 150 bar or something. I would check but I am not near my car so I can't plug in to the computer and find out.

showdown 42

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 TDI touareg
Ugh, why is there so much difference in these cars. My 09JSW has not had a mechanical problem, knock on wood. Someone in VW has to get their act together. You can't suceed in the auto business with cars like this one being sold.,Sorry am2airframe you deserve better.

mklabunde

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat SEL Premium
You can add a 0 on to that rail pressure for CR injection.
I had originally had the extra zero but thought that was to high. Apparently my thinking was correct then should of went with my first thoughts, just like in school don't go back over your test you will just screw it up :) The more I think about it that is right 23000 that's why VW wont allow anyone but them to make the fuel rail, you can't find it aftermarket

redbarron55

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Touareg TDI Executive
I believe I would let VW have all the time that they need to fix this car....Let them have it back and you get a new one.
This sounds like a lemon to me.
Give VW a chance to fix "THEIR" car at their leisure.
OOPS I just noticed that it is a 2012 so that may not be an option, but I would darned shre try.
You didn't give mileage or warranty status so I assume it is in warranty, but at 100 miles a day perhaps not.

am2airframe

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
As I thought the VW rep is troubleshooting the car over the phone, kind of like shooting from the hip. They are replacing the whole fuel system, I mean every line, injector, pump etc. I am working on VW buying the car back or the lemon law. I have a baseline 4 cylinder Jetta as a loaner and miss my diesel. Hope something is done about taking their car back, I don't feel like I own it anymore, but I still have to make the payments. I will keep posting the updates so if anyone else is experiencing the same problems it may help expedite a fix. My car will turn 2 on Dec 20th and I have 34000 miles. I bought the extended warranty as well, knowing the expense of diesel parts and labor. Once that runs out and if still have the car I will dpf delete and tune.

am2airframe

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Here is the other kicker.......my wife has a 14 Jeep Grand Cherokee Eco diesel and is currently working on getting the car bought back or lemon law'd. We have bad luck so far with diesels. The emissions junk is killing me, lol.

fowvey

Veteran Member
TDI
(2014 Jetta TDI DSG) -Gone, but not forgotten, 2014 Audi A6 TDI
Well, collectively my VAG diesels have had zero problems related to the engine/drivetrain. In fact, they're more reliable at this point than most of my other vehicles were....knock on wood.

Best of luck to ya am2

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
I think the fuel rail pressure is 2300psi yes and that is not a mistype I think it converts out to 150 bar or something. I would check but I am not near my car so I can't plug in to the computer and find out.
You can add a 0 on to that rail pressure for CR injection.
Actually the rail pressure goes as high as ~29,000 PSI at full throttle. I watch it on my torque app and cringe... ;)

am2airframe

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
HPFP=High Pressure Fuel Pump, if so that was replaced twice. The whole fuel system was replaced, no joy. Once again they replaced the engine wiring harness and performed a pin out, then repinned a connector. I'll post which connector and which pins were replaced. Car seems to be fine again, but my auto windows would not work for the first 10 minutes of driving the car? There is an electrical issue somewhere. Hopefully they fixed it, but hopefully I won't have to worry about this car anymore and they buy it back.

DubFamily

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 BMW 328D xDrive
Car seems to be fine again, but my auto windows would not work for the first 10 minutes of driving the car?
This is actually perfectly normal. When you disconnect the battery it resets the auto window function and pinch protection. The windows will not work on auto up/down at first.

To fix this, simply hold down each window switch until the window is fully down, then pull up each switch until the window is fully up. This will reset the feature; and pushing and releasing the switch should start the window down in the auto mode again.

Glad to hear they got everything else fixed up and running properly. They should have fixed the windows for you but many dealers forget that step... ;)

am2airframe

TDI
2012 Jetta Sedan
Well the car is acting up again. Got fuel rail high press code this morning accompanied by a blinking glow light and check engine light. Had to have it towed 42 miles to the dealer.......Lemon. They are going to change the engine harness again.

Random_Vibration

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI (6MT, LP, Driver Assist)
It's time to trade this car in. With all the problems your car has caused, the dealer may give you some additional help to get you out of it.