Recommendations for a good Stereo installation shop in the NorthEast?

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
I may need to go with a custom stereo installation for the Benz and I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations of places to use?

SnowCub

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 S350 BlueTec
How fancy are you planning to go? New speakers and head unit? HU only?
I'm hoping head unit only. The new benzes seem to be a huge PITA for updating audio. I've search Crutchfield and they say that no double DIN will fit, so I looked at their single din stuff and it says that none of their wiring harnesses will fit and the mount will have to be fabricated. So what's the point of ordering from them?

I'm thinking I should stop by a local place to get some ideas but I would rather get a referral instead of walking into Joe Schmoe's shop like I did with my B4V, where they messed up the dash pieces.

Rich's Car Tunes is an option but they usually want to wrip everything out and start over. I'm looking for something simpler. I may also end up installing a Denison Gateway 500 but I want to explore my options.

cd2573

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 bmw 328D
There is a place in queens ny don't know if you wont to go that far but they do great custom work let me know if interested

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
If none of these work out, let me know. I met a guy thru eBay who was wonderful. I had to fabricate the connection in the Cabbie for the Nakamichi tape deck that I bought from him. I had done it before for the B4s to Nak CD head units, so I already had most of the work done. He was really great and seemed very knowledgeable. He is in NH and--I think--worth a call. I would have to find his information...