Dorschel Body Shop Rochester NY

abbey

TDI
none
Would like know if anyone has had any bad [FONT=&quot][/FONT]experiences at the Dorschel Collision Center, Rochester, NY?

Thank you,

tdidieselbobny

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'03 Galactic Blue Jetta TDI, '15 Silk Blue Golf Sportwagen TDI
I think forum member brucetmoose had an experience w/ them a couple years ago-try to PM him.

abbey

TDI
none
tdidieselbobny said:
I think forum member brucetmoose had an experience w/ them a couple years ago-try to PM him.
Thanks tdidieselbobny, I did find brucetmooses' post while I was Googling the subject.

The current situation I'm having is similiar.
Complete lack of attention to detail/workmanship. After the car was back in a second time - returned home to find a dent on the opposite side of where work was done. No doubt it happened there because when I picked the car up I drove the vehicle straight home and garaged it-only to find the damage the next morning (while I was correcting another one of the Techs' errors...
The Dorschel Body assistant manager agreed to have the Dent Wizard repair it, but now declines after being told (by Dent Wizard) the dent is too deep and may require additional work.

I brought my vehicle there assuming their Collision Shop was professional and had high quality standards, especially considering they work on high end vehicles (Lexus', etc) - I was sadly mistaken...

If anyone else has had negative experiences, I'd appreciate their comments.

MeOmYo

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GLS
I know brucetmoose and of his experiences and let me tell you..... stay away from that place.

There is another VW dealer in Roch. but I wouldn't go there either.

abbey

TDI
none
Thanks MeOmYo.

By the way I forgot to add - I know the dent wasn't there (on pass. side ) when I dropped the car off (for the second time !) because for the prior week I had to gain access to the vehicle cabin from the pass. side.... Why you may ask? Because the drivers door (one area they worked on originally) handle linkage came loose within the door (shortly after I picked it up the first time), disabling the handle.
Guess it was too much to put the clip back on................
Lastly, did I mention when I was washing the car recently - found the Bumper cover to be loose at base of wheel well (another area they had their hands in - - - -Oh well , just another missing fastener found - this time a metric bolt..............I guess they believe in the [FONT=&quot]philosophy [/FONT]of having parts left over after the repair...........

Last edited: