Tdi no power....need the gurus here!

rkrueger

Helping a friend with this car. Its a 1998 Beetle tdi....it has a new turbo (2 weeks old). Car runs fine, but has no power. You can hear the turbo spooling, but no power. Intake is clean, egr is working fine , tested maf and even tried new, did output test on n75 with vag com it was good. No codes....you can feel boost building in the pipes feeling good, but no power. Could it be a fueling issue? Everything seems good....I'm stumped.

Also, checked all vacuum lines, vacuum pump and reservoir, disconnected exhaust and checked intake(snow screen). I'm really at a loss here, any help would be much appreciated.

Rob

mtbr297

Vendor
TDI
2015 Golf TDI, Seat Leon FR PD 150 6 speed.
Are you sure you have no boost leaks? Beetle's can be a problem child with electrical systems. I have a beetle with similar problem but haven't had the time to find the problem, yet. What is the boost showing on vcds? Is actual boost close to requested? Did you check your air filter and fuel filter? Why was the turbo replaced? How much vacuum is the pump making when driving down the road?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Bump to Seatman. Was the VNT actuator properly adjusted when the turbo was replaced?