Abs light came on witout any warnings

Talon

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon ALH, 2013 tdi sportwagen
Hit a seam in the road that was just black top filled and the and light came on. Never had any warnings no issues at all. Checked the fuse and cannot get the search feature to work so I figured I'd ask for help. Thanks, Talon

steve6

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta tdi
sensors go old and get bad, scan it with vcds and you probably have one of the wheels being 'intermittent' or 'no signal'

BobnOH

not-a-mechanic
TDI
New Beetle 2003 manual
Read the code to find out which it is. Could be broken wire, sensor or tone ring.

Talon

TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon ALH, 2013 tdi sportwagen
Thanks for the suggestions, I had read and seen videos about intermittent lights and sounds that I did not experience. Thought that was the norm so when I had nothing until I hit the seam in the road. I hoped that maybe there was a plug, relay or something that I was unaware of that the myriad experience that resides on this forum might suggest. I checked the usual things I could without a scanner.

jettawreck

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta and 2003 Jetta
Since you had no prior issues and the light came on immediately after the road bump, it's probably fairly safe to assume a sensor and/or wiring got damaged or disconnected. A VCDS would help narrow it down to which one to examine, perhaps. The rings get all corroded and gunned up over time and maybe some dislodged rendering the sensor unable.
I believe that was already mentioned before we tried to get humorous.